PDA

View Full Version : bizhub 362 keeps initializing repeatedly,long string of codes

Custom Search

tmw
01-12-2015, 03:52 PM
I was looking at bizhub 362 when after it comes to ready,you might be able to make a copy,but then it shows box saying 'abort' and long string of error codes. They might change slightly from time to time.Examples of which are 0000 9999, and numbers like 81 fe 3c 58,after headings like tls,ts kid,sp,& t ra.I don't normally work on these,but my first guess is some board,hard drive,or firmware.I would be grateful if someone would confirm any of these suspicions.

allan
01-12-2015, 07:13 PM
Does it have a fax?

fixthecopier
01-12-2015, 09:52 PM
It would be helpful to have the exact abort code.

wseyller
01-13-2015, 02:34 AM
Most common I see on these is the 999 abort. This happens when the MFP receives a print job that it cannot understand. If you unplug the cat5 cable the abort won't happen anymore until you plug it back in. There is a special firmware that helps resolve these. Otherwise a computer somewhere has a print job in the queue that you need to find and delete the job. Possibly the special firmware can help it process correctly. Also it could be someone using the wrong print driver.

copier addict
01-13-2015, 03:51 PM
Almost all abort codes on this machine point towards either the MFBS board or the NVRam. Unless you have a parts machine to swap with they are very expensive parts to replace.
As previously stated, the 999 abort codes are related to corrupt or hard to process print jobs. Google maps is one of the most common culprits. If someone tries to print without going to the printable version it causes problems.
Hope this helps

allan
01-13-2015, 04:41 PM
Previous time this happened to me i removed the fax card and the problem was gone. Slide out the controler and reseat the ram and nvram, you have to reseat the connectors to remove the board anyway. Those boards should be lying around everywhere get one from another machine.

Custom Search