PDA

View Full Version : Wireless Network Adapter

Custom Search

copierwhisper
01-12-2015, 03:54 PM
Does anyone know if a wireless network adapter (usb) can be plugged directly into a C360 to allow various computers in the building to print and scan?

emujo
01-12-2015, 04:13 PM
Try it and let up know...you can also run a Ethernet cable from the MFP to a wireless access point, looks like wireless printing to any end user. The newer 3 series have the UK-208 (built in wireless adaptor) if upgrade is an option. Emujo

Tonerbomb
01-12-2015, 11:03 PM
Netgear makes a nice little wireless adapter, that you connect to the wifi and then via cable to the copier for wireless access. wnxx 3001 I beleive. They work well................and their not expensive.......................

KenB
01-12-2015, 11:13 PM
Does anyone know if a wireless network adapter (usb) can be plugged directly into a C360 to allow various computers in the building to print and scan?I can't imagine that approach even possibly working. Not a supported OS, no drivers, etc...

The good news is that a bridge or even a range extender costs very little more than a USB wireless adapter.

wseyller
01-13-2015, 02:24 AM
What Kenb said...

Yeah the copier would need a driver and os functionally to be able to use it so answer is NO. I think wireless on a copier is not the best idea unless there is just no other way. I see businesses spend thousands on a copier and don't want to spent a little money running a network drop. If you need wireless then buy a network bridge to transform wired connect from the copier to wireless.

Custom Search