PDA

View Full Version : CS-500ci Noisy

Custom Search

monstott2010
01-13-2015, 10:46 PM
Have a customer with 500ci with horrible grinding/rattling noise from middle/back of machine... would sound like from main drive assy. Main drive has been rebuilt, replaced 3 worn/chewed up gears and all 16 bushings... reinstalled drive ass'y, noise still persists.. Running motors individually from U030 all sound normal, copy in B/W sounds normal, noisy only copying in Color, first power on cycles or running drum refresh cycle. Ran with toner hopper removed so can watch dev augers, all devs and drums appear to be turning normally... any ideas?

blackcat4866
01-14-2015, 01:03 AM
I suspect one of the color drum cleaning units packing with toner. The simple way to check is to remove the hopper assembly and manually open the drum cleaning auger outlet door. If it's backing up there will be a toner rock in the hole. If one is siezed, be sure to check them all.

If it's a very mild blockage, disassembling and vacuuming out the unit may get you going. By the time you get the gear noise the auger is twisted off, and you'll need one or more drum units. =^..^=

wharf_rat
01-14-2015, 05:40 PM
there is a shaft with two plastic rollers on the rear of the machine that needs to be lubed occasionally

monstott2010
01-14-2015, 06:49 PM
I suspect one of the color drum cleaning units packing with toner. The simple way to check is to remove the hopper assembly and manually open the drum cleaning auger outlet door. If it's backing up there will be a toner rock in the hole. If one is siezed, be sure to check them all.

If it's a very mild blockage, disassembling and vacuuming out the unit may get you going. By the time you get the gear noise the auger is twisted off, and you'll need one or more drum units. =^..^=

Good thought, that had slipped my mind to check the waste augers, checked the dev augers, not sure why I didn't check the others while in there.... :-(

blackcat4866
01-15-2015, 12:18 AM
It takes 400 to 500 prints before the cleaning unit(s) will start to overflow to where it will show up on the prints. =^..^=

Custom Search