PDA

View Full Version : c650 Color Quality issue

Custom Search

Synaux
01-15-2015, 09:26 PM
Got a c650 that is printing some strange color fade/distortion on the back edge (to the back of the machine) on 9”+ paper width. The examples are printed on 8.5x11" the one with PS written in the middle was printed on the problem machine—it is difficult to tell with the scan, but the back edge had a purplish tint. I cannot seem to reproduce this issue with copies, halftone and gradation test pages look excellent…PCL drivers exhibited the same results.

This machine has been doing this for a while with no solutions, I cleared a P-22 warning (probably old), but I followed the P-14 bulletin (the only one that addresses P-22 except for the one about the broken mounts on the PH). See the attached PDF 27665 …I changed the Magenta skew to 50 which made that brown background actually look brown instead of an orangish-red-brown background—it was a fairly dramatic change.

I believe I have ruled out all consumables.

I am thinking PH, PH Relay Board (maybe), IDC sensor or PRCB…

Also perhaps unrelated, the color alignment is slightly off (the example I am posting had black text over it originally, but would print with a slight—but quite noticeable—white border around the text.
This white border which will move depending on the placement of the text on the page). I ran the Color Alignment Adjustment with acceptable test print results.

Just fishing for some ideas before I start replacing expensive parts.

Thanks!

methogod
01-17-2015, 09:57 PM
got to post better samples, cant tell from that...

Transfer belt can cause all sorts of issues.

what is meter?
what controller are you using?

try copying a blank page to see if you get any ink transfer. maybe dropping toner or dv...

hard to help with out seeing more...

Synaux
01-22-2015, 08:24 PM
got to post better samples, cant tell from that...

Transfer belt can cause all sorts of issues.

what is meter?
what controller are you using?

try copying a blank page to see if you get any ink transfer. maybe dropping toner or dv...

hard to help with out seeing more...

Thanks for replying.
I am a little embarrassed to say that it was indeed a consumable--a yellow IU to be exact.

To my defense, I was told that the IU was swapped with it's brother down the hall, which is true, but I was not told it was swapped back...Sorry :(

Custom Search