PDA

View Full Version : Error Code C-4501 code on a bizhub 284e

Custom Search

giddyupngo
01-16-2015, 11:58 PM
Hi everyone,
Brand new machine, set up in our shop, delivered to customer. Still at around 100 copies. Machine starts up okay to ready state. If you print internal, or make a copy, it errors out, C4501 every time. It will run a paper passage test, but anything engaging the laser errors out. The code is a Laser SOS (start of scan) error.

1. Swapped out Laser/PH Unit
2. Re-flashed G9 firmware
3. Swapped out PRCB (Printer Control Board)
4. Swapped out MFP Board
5. Upgraded to J6 Firmware

None of the above steps made any difference, also did trouble reset multiple times. The Service manual only mentions the Laser Unit and the PRCB as possible causes of the problem, The MFPB was a reach. Still no solution. Anyone have any experience with this?
Thanks in advance.

JR2ALTA
01-17-2015, 12:15 AM
what did konica say?

allan
01-17-2015, 05:24 AM
Harnas and ribbon cable? Do you get any P-Codes?

copier tech
01-17-2015, 10:11 AM
Have you tried system reset initialization in service mode?

giddyupngo
01-19-2015, 02:12 PM
Thanks for the replies
JR2 - Konica recommended all the steps I took, I am calling them in a few minutes to find out what to do next.
Allan - No P-codes, didn't replace harness or ribbon cable yet, but good idea.
Copier Tech - Didn't try system reset initialization in service mode, thanks for the suggestion.

I will update thread later.
Thanks.

giddyupngo
01-20-2015, 08:30 PM
Quick update,
Konica is recommending replacement of the PH unit/laser unit control board. A small board on the left side near the laser unit. Will update once we get it and install.
Thanks,

giddyupngo
07-01-2015, 08:31 PM
I forgot to post the resolution.
No solution ever found, entire engine warrantied out and replaced. However, we kept the ADF, and that caused the new machine to code out. Turns out the ADF Dual Scan board was faulty, after replacing it machine was fixed. I don't know if the ADF Dual Scan board contributed to the C-4501 code, but if you get a C-4501 code you cannot resolve, maybe try disconnecting the ADF, could be a connection.
Thanks

tsbservice
01-02-2020, 05:28 PM
Today I installed C258. I was doing setup but machine threw C-4501 at some point. I quick look at CTN brings this topic although model is different and saved my time.
I had luck to disconnect DF from machine and after doing trouble reset error cleared and I was able to redo DF setup.
FYI according to manual C4501 is Laser malfunction and Relevant electrical parts are PH unit, MFP board (MFPB).

Long live CTN!

emujo2
01-02-2020, 06:32 PM
Ive had to exchange 3 C754es for the exact error..Nothing SSD recommends fixes it..If I get another one I'll try the ADF test. Possibly the ADF is bringing down a 24 or 5vdc power supply..E

dannu
01-04-2020, 06:36 PM
Hi everyone,
Brand new machine, set up in our shop, delivered to customer. Still at around 100 copies. Machine starts up okay to ready state. If you print internal, or make a copy, it errors out, C4501 every time. It will run a paper passage test, but anything engaging the laser errors out. The code is a Laser SOS (start of scan) error.

1. Swapped out Laser/PH Unit
2. Re-flashed G9 firmware
3. Swapped out PRCB (Printer Control Board)
4. Swapped out MFP Board
5. Upgraded to J6 Firmware

None of the above steps made any difference, also did trouble reset multiple times. The Service manual only mentions the Laser Unit and the PRCB as possible causes of the problem, The MFPB was a reach. Still no solution. Anyone have any experience with this?
Thanks in advance.

Trensfer belt sensor Clean ?? Its 3 sensor !

Copier repairman
01-16-2020, 05:25 PM
This can also occur if the harness cable is bad or if the end connector contacts are bad.

Custom Search