PDA

View Full Version : Jamming Konica 7165 intermitted Jamming just past fuser when paper flipping over

Custom Search

Doug James
01-18-2015, 12:54 AM
Is there a common problem for this. I am to the point of pulling my hair out.

methogod
01-18-2015, 03:13 PM
its flipping after the fuser? or before?

never seen it flip after fuser only before.

what kind of paper are they using?
what size paper?
Single sided or only during duplex?

What do they have a 20 year old machine?
what is the meter at?
what is meter since last PM?

Are they on a dedicated 10 Amp outlet (or whatever equivalent may be)?

Luther
01-18-2015, 05:01 PM
i think he means face down copies, not flipping, check both the one way bearings one on the fuser and one on the exit unit, also make sure all the springs are on the exit unit, the only way to check it is to remove the exit unit unit and check for the springs that put pressure on the white rollers

allan
01-18-2015, 05:04 PM
I think the common bit is that copier part, i bet thats the problem. If you get the answer please let me know i have been struggling with this for years now.:eek:

The way to check the switchover is to run the copies face up to test for jams.:cool:

methogod
01-18-2015, 11:30 PM
i had a 920 that would never run face down only face up or duplex (which exits like face up). Turned out its was the exit sensor.
Also run it without a finisher and see if it will print face down may be the first sensor in the finisher.

I have not touched a 7165 in years but look for a sensor in the exit assembly - the machine is like a 600/601 just old as balls.

start there and lets see what you find...

BR549
01-19-2015, 10:17 PM
I've seen the ADU drive board cause this. That's the small board just in front of and below the fuser. And make sure you don't use a 55 cpm board in a 65 cpm machine cause they are not the same.

DelawareJim
01-20-2015, 02:30 AM
Try this...pull the front plastic cover off of the front side of the FUSER section. Looking straight in at the front end of the fuser that you just opened up, look for a small white gear all the way to the lower left. Pull that gear off of its shaft (you will have to remove the little green jam removal knob and one c-clip). Pay attention to it's orientation as you pull it off as you can install it backwards. The gear has a one-way bearing inside that gets greasy. Just flush the grease out, clean the shaft, and reinstall. While you are in the area, there is another white gear with a one-way bearing about an inch up and to the right. You might as well clean and degrease that one too. Again take note to how that gear comes off as you can install that one backwards too (save yourself and just mark the outside of both gears with a Sharpie marker). You can clean both gears and shafts in just a few minutes. Hope that helps.

allan
01-20-2015, 04:43 AM
I've seen the ADU drive board cause this. That's the small board just in front of and below the fuser. And make sure you don't use a 55 cpm board in a 65 cpm machine cause they are not the same.

I can confirm this dude to developer build up. but could be something else. On a 601 i remove the duplex entrance mylars (u shaped bracket) they wear out and cause jams machines run fine without them.

Custom Search