PDA

View Full Version : T640 Diagnostic Mode?

Custom Search

Rivergoat
05-05-2008, 03:17 PM
What buttons do I need to press at power-up to get into this mode? It seems the check mark and right arrow gets me to maintenance mode, but I need diagnostic, too, for tray printing tests, sensor tests, resetting serial numbers, etc.

TIA

prntrfxr
05-08-2008, 10:12 PM
To enter the Diagnostic Mode:
1. Turn the printer off.
2. Press and hold the Go and Return buttons.
3. Turn the printer on.
4. Release the buttons when "Performing Self Test" displays on
the operator panel.

:)

prntrfxr
08-28-2008, 03:08 PM
sorry...need to correct an error I made, so I dont mislead anyone further. Optra T 640/642/644 have the new style control panel..

there are 3 service modes:

Diagnostic mode - press down and right arrows while powering up. release buttons when Performing Self Test appears
* use to set registration, perform diagnostic test pages, hardware tests, sensor tests, printer setup, page counts, serial number and configuration ID changes.

Configuration mode - press check button and right arrow while powering up. release buttons when Performing Self Test appears
* use to reset maintenance count, prnt event log, factory defaults, demo mode, download emuls, energy conserve, or to lock menus.

Flash System mode - press left and right arrows while powering up. release buttons when Performing Self Test appears

Press exit to get out of these menus.

Custom Search