PDA

View Full Version : Broken drum gear B223

Custom Search

allan
01-22-2015, 05:44 PM
Is anybody out there getting striped drum gears and wear on the far side of the drums?

CraigW
01-26-2015, 03:40 PM
Some of those developing units still had the black DSD rollers from the factory (and they still ship the damn things without improved parts in place)

allan
01-26-2015, 05:59 PM
U are saying the strain is coming from the dev drive? The drum is free to move when i remove the iu from the machine but stil the drum gear is striped. Are those DSD rollers binding on the drum? I do change the DS kits on dev change.

fixthecopier
01-26-2015, 09:53 PM
The collars on the end of mag roller would wear down. The bizhub 250/350's were really bad. Every time we changed drum for the first time, we put better collars in. The better collars are aftermarket.

copier addict
01-27-2015, 01:44 PM
The collars on the end of mag roller would wear down. The bizhub 250/350's were really bad. Every time we changed drum for the first time, we put better collars in. The better collars are aftermarket.

KonMin sells upgraded OEM dev spacer rollers. They have bearings in them, and they are half the price of the Densi ones.

allan
01-27-2015, 05:02 PM
Those are the ones i am using. DS roller kit with plastic bit spacer and spring.

CraigW
01-27-2015, 07:43 PM
Those are the ones i am using. DS roller kit with plastic bit spacer and spring.

Just wanted to make sure it was not the black spacers with no bearing in it.

What is the total count of machine ?? & Developing unit ??

allan
01-27-2015, 08:08 PM
I figured this out the drums are 3de party drums with bad recycled plastic causing the sides to splinter of and get stuck on the gears crunching the rest of gear. Found out the company is using them because they are 1/7 of the cost of OEM top unit. It would sometimes not even last 1K. By sanding off the corners to eliminate shearing points is working so far.

fixthecopier
01-27-2015, 10:44 PM
I had over 300 bizhubs on base for 6 years. Every time the drum would fail, with a deep scratch on it, it was always the right side. After the first 40 or 50, I would just change the right side collar. Never had a call back. Did anyone else notice that the failure was always on the right side?

allan
01-27-2015, 10:59 PM
Jip big problem but i find that the mark is lining up with the transfer roller guide spacer (white plastic bit). Got advice from a tech to file away the door hooks by about 1 mm at the same angle to relieve the pressure. Did that on 2 machines to test not long ago. But also related to 3de party drums.

B250 does not show this problem and uses the same transfer roller assy.

CraigW
01-28-2015, 02:10 PM
I had over 300 bizhubs on base for 6 years. Every time the drum would fail, with a deep scratch on it, it was always the right side. After the first 40 or 50, I would just change the right side collar. Never had a call back. Did anyone else notice that the failure was always on the right side?

Rear side ??

Were they the black collars ??

The centers of those would waller out and allow it too close to drum.

allan
01-28-2015, 08:09 PM
Even with the white ones with the bearings the drums would scratch almost immediately. could be due to bad OPC. The last lot of installs with the OEM stuff is working very well all machines being reset around 100k and still going strong.

CraigW
01-28-2015, 08:37 PM
Even on oem drums you can get a line at rear right away......but never deep.

Have only ever used all original stuff.

Great engine.

Custom Search