PDA

View Full Version : Print Drivers?

Custom Search

kingarthur
01-23-2015, 12:53 PM
my IT knowledge is not great, has anybody else had KM MFPs turning themselves off & on again whilst trying to process print jobs, in the last 2 months, I've had 2 x C280, 1 x C220, 2 x C224 all with this problem, not one of the customers has had the print driver installed from the KM website, the first m/c I attended because of this, I unplugged the network cable & it worked fine, so I upgraded firmware, plugged in the network cable, as soon as a job came through it turned itself off & on again, I went to everyone's PC & found one with a lot of jobs queued, I deleted those jobs & nearly everyone could print again, I also noticed that half of the PCs had original KM drivers, and half had "citrix", I got the customer with the "citrix" drivers to send the pdf to print again & the C280 "crashed", I then got her to email the pdf to her colleague with the KM drivers & it printed straight away...I had a customer trying to print from the cloud with "citrix" drivers & certain documents made the m/c "crash", but they had the correct KM drivers on their PC & it worked, I wasn't aware that you used different drivers for cloud printing,

The strange thing is, these MFPs have been printing fine up till now on those drivers,

I've advised each of these customers to make sure the drivers are downloaded from the KM website...it appears to have solved the problem in each case

I'm puzzled....:confused::confused:

allan
01-23-2015, 03:57 PM
I had i similar problem with a B36 and it was caused by a new network switch. dont know how that works but after patching the machine to one of the older switches the problem went away.

Also check firmware versions upgrade if needed.

Dickie
01-23-2015, 04:14 PM
Sounds like it's a corrupted document that is trying to print, delete all documents from the queue and it should be o.k.

allan
01-23-2015, 04:17 PM
The C224 will pop out a PCL error page not bomb out.

emujo
01-23-2015, 06:16 PM
Sounds like the controller is rebooting due to an error (probably PS error). Print out a list management and look for any error codes/abort codes. emujo

kingarthur
01-26-2015, 03:02 PM
Sounds like it's a corrupted document that is trying to print, delete all documents from the queue and it should be o.k.

I did delete all documents from the print queue, but as soon as the person with "citrix" drivers sent the same job, the m/c switched itself off & on, so I got her to send the document to her colleague with KM drivers downloaded from the Km site, it printed straight away

"allan
Re: Print Drivers?
The C224 will pop out a PCL error page not bomb out."

No error pages were printed out

"emujo
Re: Print Drivers?
Sounds like the controller is rebooting due to an error (probably PS error). Print out a list management and look for any error codes/abort codes. emujo"

I checked the error pages on the management list, there were none, when I checked the job list, it said "deleted due to error", when I checked the error it said "power off"

Weird....

allan
01-26-2015, 03:05 PM
U can switch on the PS error page from the PS driver. Try switching network speed setting.

Custom Search