PDA

View Full Version : Received used MFP board from Konica Minolta C364e

Custom Search

wseyller
01-27-2015, 07:09 PM
Received what should have been a new board but I believe it is not. My counter was approx 4500 and is now at 167 after replacement. I have this FA14 error that happens every 5 to 10 mins. When the code came up it show a telephone number for a copier company out in texas. Just wondering if anyone had this happen to them. The copier works (besides the original issue) after having to do a HDD lock reset.

allan
01-27-2015, 07:41 PM
A second hand board is not supposed to work if you take the manual to heart. The distributors does have a tool to reset the boards to make them act like a new one because of all the guys who did not follow the right procedure thinking that you can swop between machines for testing and then rendering both machines useless.

Geuse you can't clear it. Only put the factory data back.

Did you pay for it?

wseyller
01-27-2015, 10:39 PM
I don't know anything about the cost involved. It will probably be a warranty on this one. Kmbs told me to order another board and want me to use a reset tool.

The board works otherwise except for the control panel lockup/FA14 error which happens every few minutes. We brought this one back to our shop. We already tried firmware, hdd, memory and control panel cable. Happens without any Cat5 or fax cable connected.

allan
01-27-2015, 10:43 PM
Did they explain what the reset tool is for. Is it a software or a hardware tool?

allan
01-27-2015, 10:52 PM
C-FA14 thread software error. With nothing listed in solutions not helping much.

wseyller
01-27-2015, 11:49 PM
The reset tool is a tar file that you load same as you would load firmware. File is small, only 10kb in size. After boot it would show "Data Initialization complete". Performing the Reset Tool procedure will reset all adjustments, counters, and set up will need to be performed.

I think there are a total 3 of these tar files that cover the entire 4/4e series.

That is all I know.

blackcat4866
01-28-2015, 12:19 AM
The reset tool is a tar file that you load same as you would load firmware. File is small, only 10kb in size. After boot it would show "Data Initialization complete". Performing the Reset Tool procedure will reset all adjustments, counters, and set up will need to be performed.

I think there are a total 3 of these tar files that cover the entire 4/4e series.

That is all I know.

100% correct. I've used the Reset Tool when we tried a new board to solve a specific problem, and the machine gave HDD errors and wouldn't boot. The hotline directed us to re-install the original board, which then gave counter errors. My hotline rep sent me the Reset Tool. There is a procedure to follow included in a Readme file. It works as advertised.

The original specific problem still exists ... but the machine isn't a paperweight. =^..^=

wseyller
01-28-2015, 12:51 AM
one thing I'm not sure about is the steps I need to take in what order.

I will have three boards involved.
1st - the original board
2nd - The replacement board I received today that was used from a different copier
3rd - the new board I will receive tomorrow that will hopefully fix my issue.

I was under assumption that I would remove the 2nd board and install the 3rd board. Before booting up I would run the reset tool. I would then boot up with firmware and do the machine type fix and follow the remaining steps of replacing the mfp board.

Or

Do I have to put the 1st board in then do the reset tool. Get it back up and running. Then replace with the 3rd board using the normal replacement steps?

The instructions for the reset tool seem to say that the tool is run after replacing the mfp board not before so I'm not sure what to do in my situation.

blackcat4866
01-28-2015, 01:07 AM
Excellent question.

Install the MFP board that you would like to use. Run the Reset Tool. Continue with the instructions to re-load the firmware. I took some notes from my experiences if you'd like them.

So just choose which board that you'd like to use. The 3rd one should be initialized, essentially the Reset Tool already run for you.

The specific problem that I was trying to fix was the machine not recognizing Account Track passwords, CE password, and Admin password. I did run through the CE password reset a couple times, but you shouldn't have to.

Does that help? =^..^=

wseyller
01-28-2015, 01:49 AM
Excellent question.

Install the MFP board that you would like to use. Run the Reset Tool. Continue with the instructions to re-load the firmware. I took some notes from my experiences if you'd like them.

So just choose which board that you'd like to use. The 3rd one should be initialized, essentially the Reset Tool already run for you.

The specific problem that I was trying to fix was the machine not recognizing Account Track passwords, CE password, and Admin password. I did run through the CE password reset a couple times, but you shouldn't have to.

Does that help? =^..^=

It helps me from second guessing myself. Here are the steps in the instructions which I would do after installing the 3rd board. The only thing missing that you would normally do when replacing the mfp board is doing the "Machine Type Select" where you would enter the "Machine" and "Type" that corresponds to the model of the copier. Because this tells the board which model you are installing it. I am wondering if this step is not necessary in my situation. Or maybe I should do it anyway.

1. Copy the .tar file to the root folder of USB flash memory stick.
2. Install the USB flash memory into USB maintenance slot to download firmware.
3. Turn the main SW ON.
4."Data initialization completed!" is shown.
5. Turn the main power switch OFF/ON.
6. Remove the USB flash memory from the MFP maintenance USB port.
7. Turn the main SW ON. CD390 error is indicated on the operation panel (normal operation).
8. Let the MFP reboot two times (on its own) until you see the Restore Tab on the control panel.
9. Touch the "Restore” button then YES to execute the restore data from SSD board to MFP board.
10. Turn the main SW OFF.
11. Upload the latest firmware.

blackcat4866
01-28-2015, 01:54 AM
I checked the Machine and Type settings and they were at "00", so I needed to make selections.

Good luck. =^..^=

wseyller
01-28-2015, 02:04 AM
Thanks I will need it.

wseyller
01-29-2015, 07:46 PM
So they sent me not one but two MFP boards and they are NEW not (Cleansed)

So I install a new board and did the reset tool.

I had to setup the adf and fax card back up and other stuff like date and serial numbers. The serial numbers in service mode were not correct.
Also I noticed that error codes from the last board were still in there from the copier somewhere in Texas.

But the same issue still persist.

With kmbs on the phone:

1. Confirmed HDD has not been replaced, only disconnected.
2. Tried to unset HDD but it would not.
3. Replaced the HDD with a new one.
4. New HDD would not unset.
5. Performed a clear all data to unset the HDD.
6. Machine required a HDD lock password reset.
7. Perform a logical format.
8. Reboot the machine.
9. Perform a clear all data
Also we did a SSD logical format at some point.
10. Re-enable the HDD.
11. Reboot the machine.
12. The machine again required a lock HDD password.
12. Perform a logical HDD.
13. Reboot one last time.
14. Machine now locks up almost immediately.
15. Rebooted and machine locks up again along with the HDD lock reset password.
16. Unplugged HDD and rebooted, the machine still boots up and then asks for the lock password reset, shortly thereafter it locks up.
17. Plugged HDD back in and was able to print a management list.
18. Machine is still showing old data from the "cleansed" MFPB that was originally placed in the machine.
19. The MFPB has written to the SSD and is not clearing.
20. Consulted with SSD staff and ESS.

So now I'm am waiting on a SSD board.

blackcat4866
01-30-2015, 12:21 AM
You have my sympathy. Don't you just love the "e" series machines?

Yeah. Me either. =^..^=

wseyller
01-30-2015, 02:13 AM
That's not all I had to deal with. We brought the C364e into our shop and they gave a bizhub 362 as a loaner. No color print or scan. No SSL for me to setup email scanning and does not scan to their server 2012 folders. They realize this after I spoke up and they at least then exchange it for a C353 as a loaner which is now setup similar to C364e.

allan
01-30-2015, 02:54 AM
If that unit is still under warranty i would send the entire thing back.

wseyller
01-30-2015, 03:19 AM
I'm to that point where I hope they just replace the unit. I'm not aware of the warranty policies, as I'm just the tech. My service manager has been heavily involved with it so we will see after replacing the ssd. Coincidentally our Konica Minolta reps were in the office today. Management showed them evidence of a used board with previous data on it that we received and were disappointed that it happened.

PeterG
01-30-2015, 05:33 AM
You have my sympathy. Don't you just love the "e" series machines?

Yeah. Me either. =^..^=

I read a thread a while ago asking what the "e" stands for. I believe the consensus was 'e' for environment.

My thoughts are that the "e" stands for Shitbox!

wseyller
01-30-2015, 05:25 PM
Ssd didn't help either.

Got transfered by KMBS to Advanced Diagnostics. Now Im asked to replace MFP and ssd together at the same time.

My SM is upset with them and is trying hard to get a Konica Minolta DSM onsite

copy
01-31-2015, 11:15 AM
Received what should have been a new board but I believe it is not. My counter was approx 4500 and is now at 167 after replacement. I have this FA14 error that happens every 5 to 10 mins. When the code came up it show a telephone number for a copier company out in texas. Just wondering if anyone had this happen to them. The copier works (besides the original issue) after having to do a HDD lock reset.

Yes I did work for a dealer in PA for 22 years Konica will send out boards that have been out. people will send them back if they don't fix what they are working on. look for anything that says manger say this board is good. hope this helps

minimerlin
01-31-2015, 09:03 PM
I read a thread a while ago asking what the "e" stands for. I believe the consensus was 'e' for environment.

My thoughts are that the "e" stands for Shitbox!I think the "e" is for experimental!!:mad:

allan
01-31-2015, 09:13 PM
I think the "e" is for experimental!!:mad:

Hopefully the experiment would reach its conclusion soon. The machines were problematic at first, i make sure the machine firmware stays up to date and that helps a lot the SSD upgrades worked magic on the sleeping problems.

Touch wood.

wseyller
01-31-2015, 09:24 PM
When they told me to replace the MFP board and the SSD at the same time I was a little shocked. I wonder what the steps are to that procedure. I will probably have to get support to walk me through that one. They are wanting me to do what we were told to never do.

allan
01-31-2015, 09:36 PM
According to the manual you should not but does not say you cant. Just states that the backup data would be lost and could cause image failure.
Also just say dont mix used stuff.

wseyller
02-04-2015, 11:04 PM
Turns out it was the operation panel that caused all this. Put the original boards back in.

Custom Search