PDA

View Full Version : User Auth\Acct Track and hold print 4e series

Custom Search

splblazer91
01-28-2015, 02:02 AM
Anyone know of a way to do a hold print on a konica where they can just walk up and enter a code and release their print jobs? The only way i can get it to do it is through secure print but the customer doesnt like having to type in user name and pw. And we would have to setup 80 user boxes to do it that way. We just switched them from Lanier to KM and it was very easy to do on the lanier.

JR2ALTA
01-28-2015, 02:05 AM
you can install a second print driver that is defaulted to secure print and defaulted with their unique PIN

splblazer91
01-28-2015, 02:36 AM
I dont think i understand how that would work? With secure print you have to login with a user name and pw. On their old laniers they just had to login with their 4 digit code then select their print jobs and press print.

wseyller
01-28-2015, 02:38 AM
If it can be justified the best way IMO for hold/release is using Papercut MF and papercut embedded interface on the copier. Just login to the copier with domain creditials. Best way is with prox card associated with the credentials and the users que will show up in which they can release. If there are multiple KM mfps in the environment the user can release their job(s) from any one of them using the "find me printing" feature.

splblazer91
01-28-2015, 02:44 AM
We tried selling them Print Path but they wouldnt go for it. Would have made all our lives a lot easier.

wseyller
01-28-2015, 03:12 AM
I checked out print path from Prism but I didn't like it. Better than some print management I've dealt.

I love papercut. It is great and easy to setup.

Unfortunately with the built-in options there is only so much you can do. The secure print with username password or userbox with pin code is the only options I know of.

JR2ALTA
01-28-2015, 04:14 AM
if anything the 'name' can be the same as the PIN

name = 6893
pw = 6893

it might take an extra 3 seconds to enter both

allan
01-28-2015, 06:07 AM
Use ID and Print! :) Switch this on under the authentication settings and change the print method on the driver to ID and Print. Remember to re-obtain device info on the driver.

Sell a card authentication device. I have a lot of customers with them our reps think it is the best thing since sliced bread.

Walk up to machine and swipe card and the print jobs will follow again use ID and Print.

suomi
01-28-2015, 06:17 AM
Print to hdd box. Change default hdd settings in administrator mode. There are options save, print & ask or delete job immediately.
it is the same as lanier?

blackcat4866
01-29-2015, 03:17 AM
Print to hdd box. Change default hdd settings in administrator mode. There are options save, print & ask or delete job immediately.
it is the same as lanier?

I like this one the best. =^..^=

MFPTech
01-30-2015, 03:22 PM
Try FollowMe printing solution from Ringdale

Custom Search