PDA

View Full Version : Jamming Dead potential sensor

Custom Search

chromos
01-28-2015, 10:42 AM
Hi everyone,
I have a dead potential sensor o bizhub 6500. New part is coming in 7 days and i wonder how can i adjust
the mashine manually. (auto gamma adjust, calibrate colors etc)

blackcat4866
01-29-2015, 03:04 AM
I used to use this procedure on high volume Canons when the potential sensor failed.

I specifically remember how in class, the instructor told us how sensitive the potential sensor is. So when I had a high volume machine with a dead drum potential sensor and a week to wait, I took a chance.

On these machines you could always turn off potential control, and the machine would use certain default values that were close enough to get a decent copy. So I had a fallback position if it failed.

After cleaning the DPS several times to no effect, I rapped it smartly with the back of my screwdriver. If you're so darn sensitive, take that! To my surprise it worked for a week until I returned with a replacement. It's worked on at least 6 occasions on various Canon models, for varying periods of time. As little as a few hours ... up to 2 weeks. =^..^=

Mick01
02-03-2015, 11:00 PM
You can try this temporarily which may get the machine operational until you replace the sensor
Turn switch 24-2 to on
Turn switch 25-3 to on
Turn switch 25-4 to off (should be off already but check)

This should temporarily disable image process and colour registration control.

Custom Search