PDA

View Full Version : CQ TA5501 fuser unit life FK-6306

Custom Search

Tulsa
01-28-2015, 12:35 PM
In last 2 days, we have come across 4 FK6306's that will not last 200K. Toner buildup. Updated firmwares. OEM supplies. We are under the impression that they should be going 600K. Any ideas? Ranging from 75k to 160k. Total unit counts under half million and less than a year old.

LNorris
01-28-2015, 01:57 PM
pm on the fuser is 300k

JVergin
01-28-2015, 05:18 PM
For the color models, the PM cycle is 300k. For the B/W models the PM cycle is 600k for the fuser. With the exception of a few customers thinking it's OK to remove a fuser jam with a letter opener, Can't say I have had any problems with either version not lasting to its PM mark and still looking good. I have had a few that I replaced due to jamming, since then they have came out with a bulletin about a change in the sep fingers (for the B/W versions). The color versions have a sep plate instead of individual fingers. I just make sure to clean off the toner buildup while im at the customers office and they seem to do just fine.

What kind of issues are you having that are prompting you to replace them?

D Colour
01-29-2015, 02:30 PM
We have had the same issue on 2 machines, the picker finger separated and damaged the roller in the fuser. But we havent had any copy quality related issues. Have you tried adjusting the fuser temperatures?

Tulsa
02-11-2015, 03:39 AM
Thanks for responses. Sorry for delay in getting back. Was out for a few days.

The problems is a thin film of toner adheres to the teflon (upper) fuser roller, beginning in the middle of the roller and working towards the ends. This creates offsetting and dirty copies. Yo can clean the upper roller, but will work only for short time. The silicon roller appears to have deep wrinkles, which could certainly be adding to the toner buildup on the UFR, but not suer to what extent. New fusers. Will send images tomorrow. 2 more popped up today on new units. Incompleted for fuser a unit with 133k (thats a good one) and incompleted for a fk on unit with 75K.

All have lates 4 firmware that was released in last 60 days. in that firmware description it discuss adjusted fuser temps with the update. No appreciable effect at this point.

Sorry again for delay. Thank you for your input

tonerleak
02-12-2015, 12:32 AM
Have many of these models in my territory and have the same issue. The new fuser units we're getting have a whiteish coloured upper roller and they don't seem to be lasting any longer than 90-150K either.:(

lola88
02-13-2015, 11:12 PM
I have been having the same issue. White colored heat roller. Tried cleaning heat roller and pickers. Tried newest firmware neither fixed problem. Have noticed FK-6306B has been the replacement if been getting the Heat Roller is a darker Bronze Black color. So far so good with the later version. Pretty early for me to give advice on longevity of what appears to be a redesign of the heat roller material.

Custom Search