PDA

View Full Version : C552 shadowing from glass

Custom Search

KMtech69
01-29-2015, 03:55 PM
Hi All
I'm working on a Bizhub C552 that is giving me a background shadow on the trail edge front corner of a 11 x 17 paper. This problem only happens when running a copy or scan from the glass, when I run it through the doc feeder everything looks great.
Thanks in advanced

allan
01-29-2015, 04:01 PM
CCD not in the correct position a symptom training machines exhibit after messing with the wrong screws.

Could be caused by the moving optics.

Make a reduction/enlargement copy.The reduction/enlargement copy should show the shading in proportion.

Synaux
01-29-2015, 05:08 PM
I am almost certain that you have a mirror out of place or a warped/bent IR assembly (the entire scanning bed platform).
I had the exact same issue after receiving a MFP from the other side of the country. I was able to eliminate the shadow except for about 1/2" in the corner by fiddling with the mirrors (the one closest to the bypass try I believe); however, I never could eliminate it entirely. Luckily that machine was not used to 11x17 copies/scan.

Ultimately, I ended up with a parts machine and replaced the entire IR assembly (it is actually a very easy job).

907tec
01-29-2015, 06:23 PM
Agree with Synaux. Almost certainly mirrors are out of alignment, or (more likely) scanner frame is bent. If all else fails, we have had success lifting up on the free-hanging left front corner of the scanner frame. Take a few steps back from the machine and get level with the platen, making sure that the front edge of the scanner frame is level. We get a lot of machines from wholesalers that have the frame bent down on the front left. Just give it a little upward pressure, sometimes you can feel it actually ease back into place properly.

Custom Search