PDA

View Full Version : c552 nic problem

Custom Search

wd40hoehandle
01-29-2015, 04:20 PM
Cannot get unit to communicate with network, no blinking lights on interface. On this model is there some type
of security lock out that will not allow communication. My first time with this model the nic card is a bear to remove and
install. Appreciate any suggestions and help
wd40

allan
01-29-2015, 04:26 PM
Use your laptop and another flylead directly the cable or wallbox could be dead or not patched at all?

7 -> Physical
6 -> Data link

Those to layers makes the link LED go on.

Is TCP/IP switched on under administrator -> network.

Still if the NIC gets power and another node the link LED would light up.

Synaux
01-29-2015, 04:35 PM
Cannot get unit to communicate with network, no blinking lights on interface. On this model is there some type
of security lock out that will not allow communication. My first time with this model the nic card is a bear to remove and
install. Appreciate any suggestions and help
wd40

First, I would try to hook it up to a laptop with a crossover cable to eliminate any potential networking issues.

If the NIC light is not lighting/blinking, I would suspect that either the port is damaged (perhaps an easy solder fix) or a board failure. The board is not too difficult to get to--its mostly just a bunch of
worthless panels you need to remove.

I am unsure if there is a NIC reset tool for the cxx2 series, but this sounds hardware related.

wd40hoehandle
01-29-2015, 05:39 PM
First, I would try to hook it up to a laptop with a crossover cable to eliminate any potential networking issues.

If the NIC light is not lighting/blinking, I would suspect that either the port is damaged (perhaps an easy solder fix) or a board failure. The board is not too difficult to get to--its mostly just a bunch of
worthless panels you need to remove.

I am unsure if there is a NIC reset tool for the cxx2 series, but this sounds hardware related.

Is it possible to use a network to usb converter and basically do the same thing as a network port?
Thanks wd40

Synaux
01-29-2015, 06:11 PM
Is it possible to use a network to usb converter and basically do the same thing as a network port?
Thanks wd40

I don't see why not (although I have never used one).
I would invest a few dollars (or make one) for a crossover cable anyway--they can be invaluable at times.

wseyller
01-30-2015, 03:45 AM
With a modern Microsoft OS on a laptop with a standard cat5 cable should allow the link lights to blink on the MFP. The Auto-MDIX technology in modern devices automatically senses the wires and configures the network interface card accordingly. If not try initialization, clear all data and try again. If still doesn't work the board may be bad.

allan
01-30-2015, 04:10 AM
I don't see why not (although I have never used one).
I would invest a few dollars (or make one) for a crossover cable anyway--they can be invaluable at times.

With a modern Microsoft OS on a laptop with a standard cat5 cable should allow the link lights to blink on the MFP. The Auto-MDIX technology in modern devices automatically senses the wires and configures the network interface card accordingly. If not try initialization, clear all data and try again. If still doesn't work the board may be bad.

Jip all new laptops for a while now will crossover by itself.

Custom Search