PDA

View Full Version : Konica Minolta C550

Custom Search

Copylady57
05-06-2008, 02:04 PM
after upgrading firmware, code c-cc00 that i am unable to reset. i can't enter service mode normally or by holding utility button at power on. keeps going back to code screen. tech support trying , but still no luck.

B0265
05-06-2008, 03:55 PM
"C-CC00" is shown on the control panel after turn on the main power:
[Conversion Up] To convert the data format, select the key as follows.
Select Service Mode > State Confirmation > Memory HDD Adj. > Conversion Up.

I know that when you get C-E002 after a f/w upgrade it will take a while before you are able to enter service mode.

Prandstaetter_Markus
05-06-2008, 04:17 PM
"C-CC00" is shown on the control panel after turn on the main power:
[Conversion Up] To convert the data format, select the key as follows.
Select Service Mode > State Confirmation > Memory HDD Adj. > Conversion Up.

I know that when you get C-E002 after a f/w upgrade it will take a while before you are able to enter service mode.

Normally after "Conversion Up" this error should be gone; which Firmware Version you use....V88?

selig67
05-06-2008, 04:23 PM
SOLUTION: Perform the HDD conversion up procedure as follows:
1. Enter Service mode.
Note : To enter the service mode, it may be necessary to perform the following:
a. With the main power switch OFF, turnON the sub power switch.
b. While holding down the Utility/Counter button, turnON the main power switch. Do not release the Utility/Counter button until the Konica Minolta logo
appears.
c. When the Trouble Reset button appears, press Stop-0-0-Stop-0-1.
2. Select State Confirmation.
3. Select Memory HDD Adj.
4. Go to page 2 and select Conversion up.
5. Press the start key.
6. Power Machine OFF/ON using the main power switch when prompted.
7. The upgrade is now complete and no error code should be indicated.

ni311
05-06-2008, 04:49 PM
yep, for the new generation from KM, after a firmware upgrade, you have to update the hdd, otherwise you'll endup with this error.

fixthecopier
05-06-2008, 09:20 PM
when you get to the trouble reset button and you press stop o o stop o 1, that is when the code pops up. We can't get past that point.

selig67
05-06-2008, 09:45 PM
did you skip several versions of firmware on this upgrade? And if you turn on machine normally (and get the error) did you wait for about three or four minutes then try the Utility/Counter button? Every where I look it says that this is from not doing a version up on the hard drive..

hopefully you dont have a bigger problem.. try loading the previous version of firmware, do the version up, then re-load the current version.

Copylady57
05-07-2008, 12:33 AM
yes i do understand how to reset the code from the service mode, but as i stated up front, i can't get into service mode. i have the updates from the konica minolta site which state step by step how to do it. but the first step is get into service mode.i have tried utility, s00s01 and i have tried holding utility while power on to the konmin logo, it does not not work as stated. i have had 2 other techs try with the instructions on paper in front of them and no go.

Frostwolf
05-07-2008, 02:03 AM
yes i do understand how to reset the code from the service mode, but as i stated up front, i can't get into service mode. i have the updates from the konica minolta site which state step by step how to do it. but the first step is get into service mode.i have tried utility, s00s01 and i have tried holding utility while power on to the konmin logo, it does not not work as stated. i have had 2 other techs try with the instructions on paper in front of them and no go.

Boot it up, go get some coffee, finish coffe, then try to go into the tech mode. It takes like 2 to 5 minutes before it will let you get into the tech mode.

fixthecopier
05-07-2008, 03:16 AM
We understand that it takes a long time to get into service mode. The point is that it won't go there. There is a big steel door in front of the door to service mode with that code on it . It won't move. stop zero zero stop zero one, and CODE. No matter how we boot it up, it codes. We waited and watched, it codes. Can't get to any part of any service menue, it codes. It is a brand new show room machine, it codes. We are trying to find a back door.

ni311
05-07-2008, 03:21 PM
Do the following:
- hold the utility/counter button
- power it up
- keep it holded until trouble reset shows up
- reset it
- power it off
- power it on but keep the front door open
- enter into the service mode

It should work.

Frostwolf
05-08-2008, 01:47 PM
Do the following:
1- hold the utility/counter button
2- power it up
3- keep it holded until trouble reset shows up
4- reset it
5- power it off
6- power it on but keep the front door open
7- enter into the service mode

It should work.

You can also try to enter the service mode after step 4 and before step 5. I think you can start with just the stop 0... and not have to do the meter read thing.

That has worked on the b600 and c250's haven't tried on the c550's yet.

goog luck

fixthecopier
05-08-2008, 01:48 PM
Tried it, turned the machine back on with door open and it coded. when it boots up, it boots to code C-E002 and won't move from there. Thanks in advance for any more tips, we will try them and let you know if they work.

copierpro
03-18-2009, 05:18 PM
I got a c550 here and after input of characters stop-->00>etcetc it is asking for password. Anyone know the password default?

copierpro
03-18-2009, 07:09 PM
We are an independent here got a C550 form a lease co. and the delaer removed the fax board - and did not turn off fax option in service nor accelartor board option. Now, no matter what, cannot get into service mode. Any suggestions appreciated

copytechman
03-18-2009, 07:23 PM
I have found that I can always get into service mode when an sc is displayed by waiting until the util/counter button works then press meter count then details then the usual s00s01 thing.. never had it fail regardless of the code displayed. the key was waiting until the util/ctr button worked.. it always has @ some point then go in the usual way regardless of code.
Regards!
A.

copierpro
03-18-2009, 07:48 PM
Booted up, waited for util/counter key to respond while code C-D251 was displayed checked meter, details then booted down to go into service mode holding util botton down

As soon as enter stop, 0,stop et etc the display for password flashes (along with scanner under glass) a brief moment then goes away back to trouble reset window.

Nothing seems to work. Tried with door open, all the other tricks no success. The scan accelator board is not there but turned on - as is the fax board not there but turned on.

This is a serious glitch in design - this should never be an issue! Should be able to go inot service mode and turn the stuff off!

copytechman
03-18-2009, 07:56 PM
As far as I recall there is no further need to hold down the util/ctr button once it is responsive.. last I checked anyway.. only need it to get to the meter button.
Regards!
A.

copierpro
03-18-2009, 08:03 PM
and have booted to trouble reset will let it sit 5 minutes then try again to get into service mode.

copierpro
03-18-2009, 08:07 PM
Do you mean normal boot, wait for response from util/counter, read meter details then enter stop, 0, etc etc? That just creates double beeps no action.

I guess you mean boot to trouble rest then wait for a response from the util/counter button? Then check meter details etc?

copytechman
03-18-2009, 08:12 PM
Interesting. Normal boot (wait for c code etc) etc.. no response.. funny every time i've tried that it works, allows me to get into service mode for exactly one of the reasons stated (turn fax off if on etc etc).. You have me... otherwise its do the trouble reset thing then when the button shows (trouble reset) do s00s01 .. that works for me too... corrupted firmware or something?
Very strange.
A.

Basically its like I can ignore the error code and go into serv mode like normal.. per se anyway..
try pressing the buttons slower maybe?
I know it can be picky about the s00s01 thing when in the details screen.

copierpro
03-18-2009, 08:32 PM
I took it slow and was able to get into service mode! Thanks

B0265
03-18-2009, 08:34 PM
I got a c550 here and after input of characters stop-->00>etcetc it is asking for password. Anyone know the password default?

"When selecting [CE Authentication] under [Enhanced Security] available from Service Mode, authentication by CE password is necessary.

Enter the 8 digits CE password, and touch [END].
(The initial setting for CE password is “92729272.”)"

copytechman
03-18-2009, 08:38 PM
Your very welcome! Good luck!
A.

copierpro
03-18-2009, 09:18 PM
I have a service manual on order but have not got it yet. The FS517 is seen at control panel - but the feed rollers are not firing - output stops at finisher.

No error codes, checked all ops in service mode for fin no errors all clutches, solenoids, motors etc worked.

This sounds really dumb, but I don't even see a sensor anwhere and all I got where these 4 small brackets that go into side of copier - can't see how they would do anything by themslves. What am I missing here?

copytechman
03-18-2009, 09:26 PM
Can u show us a pic of what u mean by brackets? theres a whole bridge unit that goes in the middle too I assume paper goes all the way through that to the finisher entrance? Is the finisher type set correctly in serv mode?
Regards!
A.

Custom Search