PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous C3850 locked out of Service Mode

Custom Search

giddyupngo
01-31-2015, 12:15 AM
Hi,
I replaced a malfunctioning Operation panel today, because the black buttons on the right were non-responsive. That went fine, then I wanted to calibrate the operation panel. I had some notes that to do this you hold down the power button on the Operation panel, then power on the copier. That takes you to the CE Authentication password screen. From there you are supposed to hit
Stop - Reg 1 - Stop - Reg 1 - Reg 1 - Stop - Start
(Reg 1) is the blank button on lower left, usually fax/scan sticker goes on it.
Cycle Power after 30 seconds.

I think I got this info from the Web Based training on Firmware version 1.5

However, I never got it to work, and now when I try to enter service mode, The CE authentication prompt will not take 92729272
I power cycled the machine, turned it off and unplugged it for a minute, nothing works. I am still locked out. Opened a ticket with Konica, they recommend initializing, but I don't want the customer to lose their address books and all settings. Again, everything works from the customer standpoint, but locked out of service mode. And I need a management list for warranty. Thought of flashing the firmware, but that goes through service mode too. Anyone else deal with this?
Thanks,

wseyller
01-31-2015, 04:59 AM
If you can access pagescope web connection you can flash the firmware this way. The firmware has a .prn extension. Go to Direct print in web connection and load the prn file to flash. Or if you boot into "EXTRA" service mode you can flash firmware from USB there.

I replaced a control panel once as my symptom was screen did not light up and buttons did not work. It also caused printing to not work. I first tried MFP board which didn't fix the issue. After replacing the display it automatically booted into extra service mode and I had to flash new firmware to get it to boot normally. I believe because of this firmware is very important to the operation of the control panel on this model.

giddyupngo
02-04-2015, 02:32 PM
Thanks wseyller, I did do the firmware through direct print, however I was still locked out of service mode. What eventually worked was this

Went through browser,
System- Maintenance - Clear Settings - System Settings. That worked, let me input the CE password again.
It kept the address list, lost most setup settings, black/white default copies etc. May have lost paper adjustments, not sure. Lost Fax Header etc.

It is supposed to reset the CE access count after a power cycle, but this was not the case this time.

Custom Search