PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 552 tray 3 lift motor

Custom Search

mascan42
01-31-2015, 03:20 PM
One of the claws that hold the gear on the end of this motor has broken, so any time I open the drawer, it pops off. Considering that the motor is mounted behind a dozen major assemblies, and removing it is a good 3-4 hour job, is there any way to repair this without removing the motor?

methogod
02-01-2015, 11:05 AM
try super glue, or that plastic you can melt in hot water, see if you can repair the broken connector - see it done before.

but if not you can get the the lower tray lift motors in about an hour.

mascan42
02-01-2015, 04:09 PM
but if not you can get the the lower tray lift motors in about an hour.

Is there some easy way to get at the motor that I'm missing? I have to remove the power supply, the PWB box, the paper feed drive board, the vertical transport unit, and the LCC drive unit in order to even see the thing.

methogod
02-01-2015, 04:32 PM
you can pull tray out and whichever panel side its on. its some work but less then going from the back...

you can always blame it on the customer and make it chargeable.... it brakes from customers slamming the trays, especially when full.

mascan42
02-01-2015, 09:17 PM
you can pull tray out and whichever panel side its on. its some work but less then going from the back...

you can always blame it on the customer and make it chargeable.... it brakes from customers slamming the trays, especially when full.

Wish I could bill them, but they tend to complain about the slightest thing, so I have to kiss their ass every time I walk in the door.

PeterG
02-02-2015, 04:48 AM
Yeah, attack it from the front. It is pretty easy really. Remove the paper tray & undo a couple of screws. By far the hardest part is plugging the harness back into the motor. You sort of need three hands for that part.

Oh! Hot tip, remember to turn off the tray heaters before you start. It is bad enough reaching in to get at the back, but roasting your arms whilst doing it sucks.

Custom Search