PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C350 error C0500

Custom Search

JimW80465
05-06-2008, 03:43 PM
I have a Bizhub C350 which has been in storage in an unheated garage for an extended time. When it powers up it comes up with a C0500 error code. I have tested the bulbs for continuity and they all test good. The power supply is putting out 120 volts to the fuser. The manual says to check the MC pcb but I cannot find a good part number for that board. Can anyone help.:confused:

fixthecopier
05-06-2008, 04:13 PM
I don't want to insult you by asking this, but you did go through the reset procedure for a fuser code. I will assume you did, but if you didn't try that. Our color expert says she has had 2 of them code with bad thermistors.

selig67
05-06-2008, 04:18 PM
To clear the fuser error code, perform the following after correcting the cause:
1. With power ON, open the front door and locate the small, rectangular hole below the imaging unit removal tool.

2. Insert a suitable object into the hole to actuate the reset switch .

3. The code should clear and a message to close the front door should appear.

Rudi
05-06-2008, 05:59 PM
i speak to correction but i think if you switch the mach off hold in the uttillty button and then swich it on it will give you a trouble reset option , but like i said i speak to correction.

JimW80465
05-06-2008, 06:28 PM
I did try the reset, but it started to go into warmup and in about 15 seconds shut down with the C0500 again. I checked the temperature of the fuser and it hadn't warmed at all.

selig67
05-06-2008, 06:51 PM
the temp fuse may be tripped. there are no part numbers to rebuild the fuser, so you may need to replace the whole assy.

ni311
05-06-2008, 08:09 PM
The code for PWB-MC is 4036-7812-01 and for PU1 is 4036-6203-02 (for U.S.)
Try the fusing unit on other machine, if you can. It's much easier to remove it and much cheaper compared with the boards :)
PS: Selig is telling the truth, there are no code for parts from the fusing unit, just the whole unit

mitchl
05-06-2008, 09:28 PM
The C-500 is a hot roller under temp, are the lamps coming on at all? reset the code via the trouble reset switch and fire the machine up, after it codes out yet again, open the right end and feel the fuser rollers.... Is it starting to get warm? If so the thermistor most likely is the culprit, if their stone cold most likely the thermal switch has crapped the bed. What they are saying about the fuser and its replacement is true, they only offer it as a whole unit.............. But, I have a tendency to collect units with bad rollers or a bad lamps just for occasions like this. If it is the thermal switch you can match one up rating wise with another KM machine which we have done many times in the past and use it......... Or you can just cut to the chase and buy a fuser and be done with it!

adastra100
09-03-2009, 01:36 AM
Thank you Selig67!!

Fuser clear

To clear the fuser error code, perform the following after correcting the cause:
1. With power ON, open the front door and locate the small, rectangular hole below the imaging unit removal tool.

2. Insert a suitable object into the hole to actuate the reset switch .

3. The code should clear and a message to close the front door should appear.

ck1
09-03-2009, 03:18 AM
Did you try other fusing Unit? if after change still same. you can try the PU ( power supply ) ,i have one unit always C52xx . change PU solve ... hope can help you. ( i have post this problem at here also, now solve thanks for help )

gaznev2000
09-09-2010, 11:33 AM
Thought I would post a photo of where the reset button is as I'm sure there are plenty of stupid people out there myself included who will spend 20min + looking for the magical reset button, doubting if this mystical button even exists.

So here it is

Regards
Gary

P.s. Thank you to everyone who told me about this button worked like a dream

:)

netsend.us
09-20-2010, 02:58 PM
I even had to take the cover off (two screws) in order to press the button because the board with the button was misaligned.

Custom Search