PDA

View Full Version : vcare 4e series

Custom Search

splblazer91
01-31-2015, 08:45 PM
Anyone know which setting to turn off in VCARE so that the machine doesnt autoplace a service call?

allan
01-31-2015, 08:50 PM
Goto service mode -> CS remote care-> do a RAM clear. Are you doing this to increase MCBF?
You have to remove it from the V-Care server because the system it going to log a call to switch the V-care on the machine back on again!

The parameters if setup on the server, like the toner reorder quantity.

splblazer91
01-31-2015, 09:36 PM
I dont want to disable it completely. Just the setting that places a service call for stupid things like tray lift errors when a customer loads paper wrong. I just did a large install in a school where they let students operate the MFPs and I know from previous experience that they will screw it up. customers runs about 100k a week so the less calls for small things the better.

allan
01-31-2015, 09:44 PM
You must ask the v-care system admin to check for you.

About the C0202,C0204. Its not your customer that is causing the problem, did you show them how to fix that? the take-up section would sometimes feed the paper an inch in. If the customer then opens and close the tray the paper gets mangled and ends up behind the tray. I instruct the customer not to open the trays before all the paper is use and that helps alot.

The thing that really gets to me is if they load SEF into the LCT that runs in LEF.

splblazer91
01-31-2015, 09:50 PM
Yea thats the kind of thing im talking about. Students putting paper in wrong in the LCT or not butting the side guides up against the paper in the other trays. My main contacts can take care of that if it happens. i just dont want it to place a call for something they can fix.

allan
01-31-2015, 10:16 PM
There must be a way to exclude certain codes. I never worked on V-care server before so im not sure what is possible. When i was still employed by the OEM it only reported for toner usage.

allan
01-31-2015, 10:30 PM
There must be a way to exclude certain codes. I never worked on V-care server before so im not sure what is possible. When i was still employed by the OEM it only reported for toner usage.

Ok there is a whole host of bit switches and settings in the manual that would configure what is sent to the server in the manual have a look at that.

allan
01-31-2015, 10:32 PM
Are you using HTTP or GPRS?

splblazer91
02-01-2015, 12:13 AM
HTTP

Custom Search