PDA

View Full Version : Error Code C450 Won't enter Service Mode

Custom Search

stickerchick
02-04-2015, 02:47 AM
I purchased a used C450 today. I brought it to the shop and proceeded to do a format on the HDD as the seller did not have access to the passwords, and there was data stored on the machine. First I performed a physical format following all appropriate steps. When I turned the machine off as required after the formatting was complete, I turned it back on using the Power | Utility button combo, followed by pressing Trouble reset on the screen, then pressing Stop, 0, 0, Stop, 0, 1. The next step SHOULD be for me to type in the password, however the password screen only displays for half a second and then displays the error code CD010. I have tried numerous times to get into service mode, but each time it only briefly displays the password screen and then goes directly into the error mode screen (no access to the next set of buttons I need to push to finish the formatting by doing a logical format).

mjunkaged
02-04-2015, 04:25 AM
First try to let the machine boot up normally. The error code you state does not exist in the SM.:confused:
Also, why do you need to enter service mode? And why the strange key combo and trouble reset? You're not really making sense.

stickerchick
02-04-2015, 05:00 PM
First try to let the machine boot up normally. The error code you state does not exist in the SM.:confused:
Also, why do you need to enter service mode? And why the strange key combo and trouble reset? You're not really making sense.

I apologize if I wasn't clear in my first post. I'll break things down in steps to hopefully make things make sense so someone may be able to help me.

1.) I purchased a used C450. The seller did not have the administrator password. I needed the administrator password to change some settings (wiping out the address book, changing network settings, etc.).

2.) I searched this forum for information on how to reset the administrator password. I found this thread: http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/66737-konica-bizhub-c450-how-wipe-memory.html . Because I am absolutely new to this machine and did not know how to access service mode, which is the first step listed in the thread, I then researched the site to find out how to access the service mode. What I found on this site is that to access service mode, I needed to shut off the main power, then hold down the Utility key while turning the main power on, then press Trouble reset, then press Stop, 0, 0, Stop, 0, 1.

3.) I entered service mode using the instructions shown in step 2.

4.) Once in service mode, I performed a physical format; at the completion of the physical format, the machine displayed instructions to turn the main power off to complete the format. I did just that.

5.) I turned the machine on in the normal fashion, and I was shown the C-D010 error. After more researching on this site, I discovered that C-D010 is a HDD error and that I also needed to perform a logical format to complete the formatting process. I found this thread referencing the HDD error code: http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/7875-bizhub-c351-error-code-c-d010.html

6.) I turned the machine off and proceeded to try to enter service mode to perform the logical format. However, this is where I run into a problem. When I key in the sequence to access service mode, the screen that SHOULD display for me to enter the password only shows up for less than half a second and immediately displays the C-D010 error again. Subsequently, I can't access service mode to perform the logical format and wipe out the error code. I have tried turning the machine off, unplugging it, and trying to access service mode multiple times, all with no success. I have also tried turning the machine on in the normal fashion, only for it to display the C-D010 error.

mjunkaged
02-04-2015, 05:14 PM
Okay, firsrt off, I personally have NEVER entered service mode as you describe, I usually power the machine on and wait for ready or error (or walk up to the machine already in a ready or error state) and press utility-meter count- (some models 'check details')- stop 00, stop 01.
SO possibly you've caused your own error by incorrectly holding down keys+powering up? Some senior Kon-Min techs. CORRECT me if I"m wrong please!
Silly question: Did you try 00000000 or 12345678, etc. before formatting the HDD?
At this point, you might have to remove the HDD and get another or reformat it with an image from a good drive? Again, senior techs? Chime in if you like.
It sounds like the machine is constantly 'rebooting' without stopping, which means something in the firmware is very unhappy with what you've done, or it's a coincidence and you had bad firmware to begin with (your posts lead me to believe it was fine before you decided to format HDD).

stickerchick
02-04-2015, 05:53 PM
Okay, firsrt off, I personally have NEVER entered service mode as you describe, I usually power the machine on and wait for ready or error (or walk up to the machine already in a ready or error state) and press utility-meter count- (some models 'check details')- stop 00, stop 01.
SO possibly you've caused your own error by incorrectly holding down keys+powering up? Some senior Kon-Min techs. CORRECT me if I"m wrong please!
Silly question: Did you try 00000000 or 12345678, etc. before formatting the HDD?
At this point, you might have to remove the HDD and get another or reformat it with an image from a good drive? Again, senior techs? Chime in if you like.
It sounds like the machine is constantly 'rebooting' without stopping, which means something in the firmware is very unhappy with what you've done, or it's a coincidence and you had bad firmware to begin with (your posts lead me to believe it was fine before you decided to format HDD).

You, my friend, are AMAZING. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your help! I tried accessing service mode in the manner that you described (utility-meter count- stop 00, stop 01) and it went right into service mode and let me perform the logical format! The error code is GONE and the machine works beautifully! Just goes to show that you can't believe everything you read on the internet because the method I was using to access service mode was the only method I'd seen. Again, my sincere gratitude for your help!

CompyTech
02-04-2015, 07:45 PM
You, my friend, are AMAZING. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your help! I tried accessing service mode in the manner that you described (utility-meter count- stop 00, stop 01) and it went right into service mode and let me perform the logical format! The error code is GONE and the machine works beautifully! Just goes to show that you can't believe everything you read on the internet because the method I was using to access service mode was the only method I'd seen. Again, my sincere gratitude for your help!

The method to access the service mode the way you described is what I call the "backdoor method". Typically it allows you to get in the service mode before the the machine will error out. I don't think it's an official method, but it does work from time to time.

Custom Search