PDA

View Full Version : 454e publisher issue

Custom Search

wseyller
02-04-2015, 11:48 PM
Have a Bizhub 454e that has an issue when printing from Publisher 2013.

This is a newsletter that is being center folded no staple and duplex. 4 sheets per set on plain letter from the bypass, short end feed first.

Has FS-534 + SD-511 finisher

There is a address that is mail merged.

When printed each set is a separate job. 30 to 40 sets or sometimes more print fine then they start coming out blank pages which fold properly.

Updated firmware to K2. Updated the PCL driver that was being used to the latest. I also added a PS driver.

With PCL driver a secure print dialog box pops up whenever this job is printed. This didn't happen before. If printing from notepad, word or anything else it doesn't popup.

With PS driver the secure print box does not popup with this newsletter but it still gives the same issue.

saburnsjax
02-05-2015, 12:03 PM
When printed each set is a separate job. 30 to 40 sets or sometimes more print fine then they start coming out blank pages which fold properly.

Sadly, this is a known bug in Publisher 2013, and is not considered a high priority to fix. I was a bug in Publisher 2003, then they fixed it in Pulisher 2007 and Publisher 2010, and so its very disturbing to discover it rearing its ugly head again in Publisher 2013.

The 2 workarounds that I have tried that work are

1. print 30 or less records per batch

2. use VDP ... this is my preferred method as it is much faster for processing the data.

Custom Search