PDA

View Full Version : C6500 magenta cast

Custom Search

rsxrob
05-07-2008, 04:42 AM
i am working on a c6500 with a ic-304 and the last two time the drums have been replaced the prints have come out with too much magenta.
dip switches 12-4 and 12-5 are set as per the bulliton for this problem but has not helped. the machine has only 134k on it.

twinax
05-07-2008, 09:27 PM
Hi,

To replace the drum is asolution? Does your customer change the corona unit itself? Usually this problem is caused by corona (lifetime 100K)

What is exactly the problem : Is there a background magenta, or the complete print magenta (100% coverage)?

Regards,

Twinax

rsxrob
05-08-2008, 03:42 PM
the coronas have been replaced. the magenta cast over anything that has any magenta in it. it just puts too much magenta making it too purple looking.

Livebychance
05-09-2008, 12:10 AM
The spectrometer has done wonders for our Konica output. Yes, even removed magenta hue.

rsxrob
05-09-2008, 05:05 AM
the ic-304 creo is attached and the has been calibrated with its densitometer. i did test copies with the knica minolta test pattern and it is good. the creo has all the update but not version 2 and the copier is at ver 30.

random
05-09-2008, 07:10 AM
Change the screen from line to dot or dot to line. Does it change? Do you have the same problem when copying from the glass. Have you checked the test chart where you match the color bars between the two parallel lines?

rsxrob
05-09-2008, 07:22 AM
off the glass is good. looking at gamma charts they are right on. the ic-304 only uses dot to print so any change doesn't matter. there is a difference if you use the creo calibration to send a job compared to using the glass calibration. the glass calibration is better. i can make curves with the creo but thats just a work around. does anyone know if the version 2 creo software will help?

random
05-09-2008, 10:08 AM
You can chose between line and dot under the quality tab. When you calibrate you can chose Line or Dot. If you do not have a choice you have a completely different version to us.

What you explain pretty much tells you the spectro is not working properly. Do you have the calibration chart for the spectro? If so place the spectro on the outline hold down the button and wait for it to beep a couple of times then scan the white strip. This will calibrate the tool.

pg1309
08-19-2010, 05:47 PM
Hi

I also got this problem after new developer new drum i get only in blue tints more magenta? how do one fix it?

Custom Search