PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Konica C6000 can see Fiery, but I can't find it on network with IP address

Custom Search

copycentre
02-05-2015, 06:30 PM
Hi Everyone, I've got a stupid problem that should be absolutely routine but for some reason isn't working for me!

I'm setting up a Konica C6000 with bolt-on EFI Fiery.
The Fiery starts up OK, reads '00' on the LED.
The machine works fine, no errors showing.
I can access the Fiery from the machine, and play with a few (limited) network settings.
I have installed a C6000 and many other copiers in the past!
The network is fine, the C6000 has replaced a previously working machine.
There are 10 other Fierys on the network, all with the same style of IP address (192.0.0.x). The connecting PCs also share this style of IP address.

But for some reason I can't find the fiery on the network!

I normally just print out the server configuration, type in the IP address from a browser / Command Workstation, and set it all up.

Things I've tried so far:
Pinging the IP address doesn't work. Changing the IP address on the Fiery then pinging doesn't work.
I've copied the subnet mask and default gateway from another C6000 in the same room.
I've swapped ethernet cable from the Fiery a working machine. I've also changed the ports it physically connects to in the switch.
I've swapped the crossover cable (from Fiery to machine) for another one.
Searching on Command Workstation doesn't work, nor can I find it on a network scanning utility.
I've logged into service mode and administrator mode of the machine, had a browse but didn't see anything that looked like it needed changing.

Have I missed something really obvious?! I've spent a day on this so far, thank you in advance!

copycentre
02-05-2015, 07:26 PM
Oh just another thing to mention, the ethernet ports on the Fiery do seem to be working, they both flash up with lights once plugged in..

And I have used a crossover cable between the Fiery and machine (in the right port), and a normal (tested) ethernet cable between the Fiery and the network switch...

allan
02-05-2015, 08:33 PM
If you use only the standard controller does that respond? Maybe its not booting ok.

wseyller
02-05-2015, 10:50 PM
Tried hooking a laptop up with the network card on the same subnet and see if you can ping and connect with CW.

allan
02-06-2015, 12:37 AM
Could be the old network speed problem. Had that on a recent B1250 install but without a Fiery. Drove me crazy until i eventually changed that also tried every thing. Using my laptop would work fine but would not work on the network.

Another case was MAC filtering on the network, the IT won't say a word and watch u struggle until u ask him about network filtering.

wseyller
02-06-2015, 02:09 AM
Good point Allan mentions. Some organizations have managed switches with port security. Ports can be configured to warn an administrator or shut down the port when a device not known is connected. It keeps people from bringing in a small switch and hooking up their personal devices they brought in from home. Also you could try hooking an outside laptop up to the customers network on that same wall port while configured for dhcp and see if you can get on the network. If you can't then probably the fiery can't either.

copycentre
02-06-2015, 12:16 PM
Found the answer!

The dipswitch 14-7 was set to 1 instead of 0: the machine was set up for network printing from the machine and not the Fiery! Changing it and restarting everything fixed it all, and it was instantly detected on the network.

Thank you for all your help, I wouldn't have thought of checking otherwise !

Custom Search