PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous When Plug In Network Cable The Screen Come Out - preparing scan/fax,userbox

Custom Search

kyo3919
02-08-2015, 09:38 AM
Hi all,
Im facing one problem Model C284e,when i plugin network cable,the machine screen will come out message: preparing user box/ scan fax never stop.Regarding the picture my post.I already reset the network setting data in the service mode,but still same problem,and i unplug the cable network ,it was normal ready to copy and everything.I also try to unset HDD,but still same.
What the solution or idea for this problem?

allan
02-08-2015, 10:07 AM
Switch of DHCP.
Change network speed setting.
Check if the problem occurs with a laptop directly connected.
Ask the network admin if there is security on the switch.

splblazer91
02-08-2015, 04:35 PM
Try putting a cheap switch between the MFP and the customers switch. I have had this fix several machines with lock-up issues.

blackcat4866
02-08-2015, 06:11 PM
Can you print via crossover cable from your laptop? My guess is yes.

It's possible that you've got a device on the network sending data to the MFP, and its just getting confused. Either because the data is corrupt, or because it's not print data.

Possibilities:
1) Your enduser could be using the wrong driver.
2) Perhaps you've got a corrupt print job stuck in the print queue, repeatedly sending corrupt data. You can stop the print spooler, purge the documents, and restart it. That usually flushes out any corrupt print jobs.
3) You could be installing a GB capable MFP on a 100MB network, and the Auto network speed selection isn't auto selecting very well. Try selecting 100MB network speed on the MFP's web interface.
4) Perhaps you've got a device on your network that sending out unexpected data, like for example, a laptop infected with a Trojan Virus. The moment that device is shut down or off the network, your MFP resumes normal operation.

Invariably the IT rep suggests: "Can't you just swap out the NIC card? That's the problem you know." I tell them: "#1 I've replaced two bad NIC cards on non-HP devices in 10 years. And #2 these NIC cards are part of a $1200 logic board, of which there are about 200 varieties. It's hard to justify carrying around $1/4M worth of inventory for events 2 times every 10 years."

=^..^=

kyo3919
02-11-2015, 01:40 AM
Try putting a cheap switch between the MFP and the customers switch. I have had this fix several machines with lock-up issues.

Hi,
i have try it yesterday,im using the dlink rounter to connect mfp c284e and the customer pc.It normally to use it and the error message not display again.It this confirm machine no problem or the customer networking security problem?

splblazer91
02-11-2015, 02:18 AM
Yes it is more than likely a network problem. You could spend days troubleshooting it though. Just leave the switch if it works and call it fixed.

kyo3919
02-11-2015, 06:23 AM

ok,i will try it,thanks so much.
you r technician?
can i get your wechat ?

swivel
02-18-2015, 08:48 PM
Kyo,

Were you able to resolve the issue? I have the exact same problem you have. Was there a permanent fix?

jakani
03-04-2015, 11:27 AM
hi all , it seems that the switch solution worked for that problem :)
i followed a thread here in the forum when i had a similar problem in ineo +454e _http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/95738-2-bizhub-454e-machines-responding-pings-but-cant-print-scan.html_ but no solution same to work
i will try this one :)

swivel
03-04-2015, 04:32 PM
Jakani,

Try reading this thread. I was experiencing the same problem and I found out the new machines that we deployed had bad NIC drivers. When the machine would go to sleep or Hibernate it would flood the network with ICMPv6 Multicast. Once I changed the power option to never sleep. I haven't experience the problem again.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/945125a7-035f-4f33-a9d2-c274717d7706/icmpv6-multicast-listener-report-messages-are-flooding-the-local-network?forum=w7itpronetworking

I hope this helps. In Kyo's case, it is a different issue.

Thanks!
Kevin

Northwestservice
04-21-2020, 12:32 AM
i know this is an older thread but I resolved them same issue today by installing a special firmware problem solved I did try a switch but that did not work

tsbservice
04-21-2020, 08:15 AM
Wow, to revive 5 years old thread I would at minimum make sure to mention which FW version did the trick.

Northwestservice
04-25-2020, 06:24 PM
it was under special firmware A1610y0-f00-gbn-mo.exe

Custom Search