PDA

View Full Version : KM Bizhub c253 License Kit Certificate Token lost --- Help needed.

Custom Search

eumpel
02-09-2015, 10:07 AM
Hi there,

can someone help me with lost Certification Token for LK -01, 102 and 103?

I had to recover the NVRAM, bc machine did not boot. Recovery fixed that problem - but now I get the message of "License Failure"

I do not have the original License Kit (incl. Cert. token)

What can I do?

I produced a repair code. See pic

THX alot!

Sven

emujo
02-09-2015, 03:12 PM
If you are a dealer or KM direct you can call the LMS group. They can assist you with re-licensing everything, but if you have lost the token codes you may be out of luck. Emujo

Synaux
02-09-2015, 04:17 PM
What Emujo said.

However, I do not believe that you need the original license kit to perform a license re-authentication. You basically need someone (e.g., dealer) to get on Konica's site and plug in the numbers into the LMS to generate a license code and put that information in the MFP.

You will need to generate a repair code to provide to the dealer:

Enter the Service Mode (Utility, Details, Stop, 0, 0, Stop, 0, 1).
Enter the Billing mode (Stop, 9).
Select License Management.
Et Cetera

Hope this helps.

emujo
02-09-2015, 06:00 PM
Customer is issued a token, tech goes to LMS server and requests install code (20 char license) using issued token. Tech goes back to MFP and inputs license code. At some time in the future, MFP/NVRAM goes bad..tech replaces and gets License management error. LMS can issue repair code to get rid of "License management error" on display. I suppose you could go into LMS and do a serial # search to see if token code is listed, but only the newer MFPs allow you to enable a license using just the token code. Again the LMS guys are the best at fixing this. Emujo

Synaux
02-09-2015, 06:27 PM
Customer is issued a token, tech goes to LMS server and requests install code (20 char license) using issued token. Tech goes back to MFP and inputs license code. At some time in the future, MFP/NVRAM goes bad..tech replaces and gets License management error. LMS can issue repair code to get rid of "License management error" on display. I suppose you could go into LMS and do a serial # search to see if token code is listed, but only the newer MFPs allow you to enable a license using just the token code. Again the LMS guys are the best at fixing this. Emujo

Agreed, but you are talking about installing not repairing after a NVRAM replacement/flashing (I thinks).

If you go to the LMS server you only need the Serial Number, Request Code, (and maybe Repair Request Code--depends on what bulletin you are reading) for repairing.

Not trying to argue, just saying :)

As far as the error itself goes, it might be annoying to look at, but the MFP will should be functional.

emujo
02-09-2015, 06:52 PM
And this is why the token certificates say "don't lose this number as it will not be replaced for free". And I don't see a discussion as an argument...LOL Emujo

Synaux
02-09-2015, 06:58 PM
And this is why the token certificates say "don't lose this number as it will not be replaced for free". And I don't see a discussion as an argument...LOL Emujo

Okay good! haha

eumpel
02-12-2015, 05:50 PM
Okay good! haha

I don t have the licenses tokens any more.....and I have no access to LMS.

If someone can help, I gonna pay for your assistance.

Kind regards

Sven

Custom Search