PDA

View Full Version : bizhub 423 with fax kit setting question

Custom Search

brent
02-09-2015, 07:25 PM
so my question is. I have a customer wanting the bizhub 423 to do a distinctive beep so it knows when to pick up for a fax
I have looked at the display and gone into all the settings. but didn't see exactly what I want
any suggestions?

brent

thank you guys

CraigW
02-09-2015, 07:39 PM
They do not make any sounds when ringing (was told years ago it was a copyright thing)

You can hook a phone to the TEL jack, and it will ring on incoming calls.

emujo
02-09-2015, 08:23 PM
Accessibility/Sound settings...Should be able to turn this sound on/off from here (I think it's "completion". The other settings for hearing the dial tone and dial pad are in the FAX line parameters. Emujo

brent
02-09-2015, 09:15 PM
I have looked at the fax parameters and with the end user that couldn't see what was needed as well.. I am not sure
what exactly he is after. but he wants the machine to pick up after a second ring.. or something like that.. he wants a short 2 beep ring
so it will designate to this particular fax. I have a headache..

thanks for the advice guys

brent

CraigW
02-10-2015, 03:32 PM
I saw nothing for "distinctive ring" option for fax kit used in this model (other KMBS models do list it though)

CompyTech
02-11-2015, 05:18 PM
I have looked at the fax parameters and with the end user that couldn't see what was needed as well.. I am not sure
what exactly he is after. but he wants the machine to pick up after a second ring.. or something like that.. he wants a short 2 beep ring
so it will designate to this particular fax. I have a headache..

thanks for the advice guys

brent

You can't set a distinctive ring from the copier that something he has to get through the phone system but, you can however turn on the "line monitor sound" and set the fax RX no. of rings to however many (I think the limit is 10).

These settings are in the fax settings in the administrator menu. Then look under line parameters. (sorry don't remember exactly off the top of my head, but it's in there somewhere). Good luck.

Custom Search