PDA

View Full Version : CQ C3350 garbled image

Custom Search

emujo
02-10-2015, 07:58 PM
Just looking to see if anyone has run into this....New C3350 (latest firmware, about 2K total copies). Copy/Print jobs are fine, scanner is set to auto color, and any document with color arrives at it's destination (email or SMB) garbled...Meaning the document is arranged differently, some areas are a repeating block of the image, or the top is now the bottom. Same document scanned in B&W arrives fine. Grey Scale also has the same garbled image results. Going back out with MFP board in a few days, but thought I'd ask. I have taken the MFP off of the network and scanned directly to my laptop with the same results, but I can't think of a network problem that would cause this. Emujo

allan
02-10-2015, 08:05 PM
Scan to a USB drive and check that. Also if it uses compact pdf switch that to pdf to test. Try to lower the resolution.

emujo
02-11-2015, 03:28 PM
MFP board...Emujo

allan
02-11-2015, 04:11 PM
Always the expensive bit.
Our company is now repairing boards (mostly server boards) I sent in the first MFPB with a memory problem for repairs i am exited to see if it would work.

macuk
02-20-2015, 01:54 PM
Thanks Emujo

I have the same problem. Just to confirm to others that scanning to usb and using lower resolution and different formats has the same issue. I also tried reloading firmware but the controller firmware crashed out at 45% showing c164. I used recovery tool to move to a previous firmware but still no joy. Have now ordered a new MFPB! See attached examples. Hope this helps others!

emujo
02-20-2015, 09:42 PM
Yup, similar image problem to mine. Make sure you follow the board replacement procedures in the SM, otherwise you will ruin the new board also. Emujo

emujo
03-09-2015, 05:09 PM
Just an update on this, we saw a 2nd MFP exhibiting the same symptoms, this one needed MFP board and HDD replaced at the same time. New board would pop a CD094 error when started up so we couldn't finish the new board install procedure. Emujo

Custom Search