PDA

View Full Version : remote panel

Custom Search

Konicoz
02-12-2015, 02:22 PM
Hey guys. I have a wonderful customer that's just down the road at a rural mine site, only 1600 kms away round trip. It has a transfer belt error (end of life) I know how to turn the machine stop at life error off and all that, but when I tell her to press this and press that she says its not doing anything......I love her.

And she is screaming for someone come out and fix it immediately....have I mentioned I love her lots

I know KM are able to allow remote panel control to access the service mode, I have never needed to use it until now. Does anyone have the short version or advice and save me hours of reading manuals. It will help save 2 days of driving for maybe 2 minutes to sort out the fault - or at least see the real fault..

thank guys

emujo
02-12-2015, 03:28 PM
You will have to remote in, make the changes listed here..

Remote panel--- CEPassword on, admin password must be complex… SSL ON, Remote Panel Server ON
URL to access HTTPS://IPADDRESS:50443/panel/top.html

Now you are operating MFP as if you were standing in front of it. Emujo

Synaux
02-12-2015, 04:11 PM

Remote panel--- CEPassword on, admin password must be complex… SSL ON, Remote Panel Server ON

Now you are operating MFP as if you were standing in front of it. Emujo

Now I want to play with this.
Are you talking about the 12345678 admin pass?

emujo
02-12-2015, 08:28 PM
yeah, must be the 16 character and CE password must be enabled. emujo

copier tech
02-12-2015, 08:44 PM
Much easier to talk her through resetting the life stop surely, is there anyone else there you could talk to? Some users are more "practical" than others.

Bound to be a youtube video, if not film one yourself & send email her the link!

Konicoz
02-12-2015, 11:31 PM
I know the lady goes on leave today so I will get another operator to try - might have better luck with her

thanks emujo I will try it with some one closer and see if I can do it..

allan
02-13-2015, 05:03 AM
Get her to do the new release procedure over the Phone.
Can you change all of this settings on PageScope?

Konicoz
02-13-2015, 03:56 PM
Duh can you believe I come all the way here and press the buttons and voila - working- aaaarg such a long way to travel for that......

I am setting up that remote panel- it's 23:30 and maybe just a little tired - where do I find the SSL??

thats the certificate isn't it??

emujo
02-13-2015, 05:58 PM
I would recommend deleting the installed certificate 1st, then create a new self signed as it will be based on their network settings. Next, enable SSL for user and admin modes, and finish by turning on "SSL Only" under OpenAPI, TCP Socket, and WebDAV server settings. Restart and you're good to go. Emujo

John Kaufmann
02-13-2015, 06:35 PM

Now you are operating MFP as if you were standing in front of it.

Doesn't that 50443 depend on what router port is forwarded to the machine?

emujo
02-13-2015, 07:47 PM
That's the default port for remote panel. Unless you made a change this is the correct port. Emujo

Synaux
02-15-2015, 05:26 PM
That's the default port for remote panel. Unless you made a change this is the correct port. Emujo

Right.

I think that Mr. Kaufmann is talking about port forwarding on a router.
In that case, yes, one would have to forward that port if it is not already setup to do so.

allan
02-15-2015, 07:18 PM
Would it not be easier to just use something like Teamviewer.

emujo
02-16-2015, 02:19 PM
It's not a remote desktop connection, it's a way of emulating the control panel through the desktop. Remote panel still has to be configured then you could use teamviewer to remotely control the users workstation. Emujo

allan
02-16-2015, 03:15 PM
I only meant to use that if port forwarding would be an issue. Then access remote panel or configure the machine on one of the LAN PC's. :o

mbcruzin
02-16-2015, 09:19 PM
I need to try this

Custom Search