PDA

View Full Version : SSD firmware for bizhub C554e/C454e/C364e/C284e/C224e

Custom Search

jakani
02-12-2015, 06:17 PM
while looking for firmware of ineo 454e and ineo +454e and the steps the perform a firmware upgrade i found a link of "ssd firmware" i don't know the difference between it and THE firmware of the machine !
any way i followed the steps and updated the ssd firmware , and then i checked the function version it still "function version 3" so i realized that it's not the firmware of the machine .
i don't know why konica and develop makes it that hard to find firmware and other documentation about the machines , why can't i just list it in their wb sites !
here is the link of the SSD firmware if some one is interested :

https://eu.km.bt.konicaminolta.com/documents/Document/ENG/DL/docdl295671.html

JSC
02-12-2015, 07:12 PM
while looking for firmware of ineo 454e and ineo +454e and the steps the perform a firmware upgrade i found a link of "ssd firmware" i don't know the difference between it and THE firmware of the machine !
any way i followed the steps and updated the ssd firmware , and then i checked the function version it still "function version 3" so i realized that it's not the firmware of the machine .
i don't know why konica and develop makes it that hard to find firmware and other documentation about the machines , why can't i just list it in their wb sites !

konica Minolta had a massive problem with SSD's which is why they released firmware just for SSD's. The lattest firmware (k1) has the firmware rolled in with it now, v6.05 (I think)

in in order to update the function version you need to change some soft switches depending on which version your upgrading to, you might also need to update the drivers as well.

Synaux
02-12-2015, 10:51 PM
konica Minolta had a massive problem with SSD's which is why they released firmware just for SSD's. The lattest firmware (k1) has the firmware rolled in with it now, v6.05 (I think)

in in order to update the function version you need to change some soft switches depending on which version your upgrading to, you might also need to update the drivers as well.

It almost seems like KM is devolving. I mean to have to change soft switches just to flash the firmware seems like something you need to do for a 7255 or something.

allan
02-13-2015, 05:10 AM
Alot of the firmware fixes comes with softswitches that needs to be changed in fact the firmware assigns the new switches that only work after a restart.
There was a couple of bugs with the SSD but as soon as the fixes were available you have to do them. Nothing can be said about the engine on these machines, makes good money.

Synaux
02-13-2015, 05:54 PM
Alot of the firmware fixes comes with softswitches that needs to be changed in fact the firmware assigns the new switches that only work after a restart.
There was a couple of bugs with the SSD but as soon as the fixes were available you have to do them. Nothing can be said about the engine on these machines, makes good money.

Yea...I just find it silly and lazy. While they are writing firmware why not have the firmware change the switch instead of complicating the hell out of everything.

joelea
05-20-2015, 03:26 PM
Yea...I just find it silly and lazy. While they are writing firmware why not have the firmware change the switch instead of complicating the hell out of everything.

I find it very intuitive of konica to leave the decision to update 500 computers printer drivers to the engineers. A feat you can ignore if you don't bother changing the function version

earney
06-04-2015, 02:06 PM
To update to ssd firmware 6.05 you need to have firmware A9 or above anything below update to ssd update 6.03, update to A9 then ssd 6.05. It must be done in this order or you risk having ssd failure

lilnice48
01-03-2023, 01:02 PM
I have the same issue on my Bizhub c364e but it seem that the link you have provided does not work anymore.
can someone provide an SSD firmware?
Thank you in advance for your help with this.

copier tech
01-03-2023, 07:05 PM
I have the same issue on my Bizhub c364e but it seem that the link you have provided does not work anymore.
can someone provide an SSD firmware?
Thank you in advance for your help with this.

The original post was from back in 2015 !

You may want to start a new thread.

However we can supply the firmware, drop us an email from either link below.

Custom Search