PDA

View Full Version : C451 high pitch squeak

Custom Search

logrady2331
02-12-2015, 07:14 PM
Hello all, I have a Biz Hub C451 that makes a high pitch squeak. Sounds like it's coming from the fuser/exit area. I cannot here it most of the time but two young guys at the account can here it. Must be an old guy thing that we can't here it. :) I know there are multiple areas that can cause noises on these models and most seem to point to the fuser. My question is this: It makes the noise when the machine is idle (at least that's when it can be heard) When the machine is idle, what turns in the machine? I hear a fan turning but can't figure out what else rotates in the idle state. If I can figure that out I will be on a better road to finally finding this squeak. Thanks in advance.

minimerlin
02-12-2015, 07:30 PM
This is a well known problem with this model and indeed the follow on ones as well. The fuser and its exit gears turn at idle to make sure it does not overheat one area of the heat roller, due to the induction coil heating process. If you do a search on this forum you will find all the information you need to quieten this squeek. It will return tho!!

logrady2331
02-12-2015, 07:34 PM
Thank you sir!! I was afraid of that. I downloaded the bulletin and will visit the customer yet again.

Synaux
02-12-2015, 10:46 PM
Thank you sir!! I was afraid of that. I downloaded the bulletin and will visit the customer yet again.

I am pretty sure there are multiple bulletins for the fuser squeal. Let me know if you need em.

allan
02-13-2015, 04:57 AM
In some cases its the duplex entrance that squeaks just clean and lube the bushings.

3 things on the fuser makes the noise. Inside the fuser there is a triangular actuator that starts squeaking and on the right hand side of the induction coil the sensor assy bit sits that gets pushed up and down by the triangular actuator to check the fusing units rotation, that thing is the real problem. And the gear train on the right hand underneath the black plastic cover. Its a concerto.

You can lubricate the pin on the sensor assy but you have to do that way to often it does not last. there is a troubleshooting guide for this machine that would actually play back the know noises on the machine for you to identify them.

There is part modifications out for this problem.

I set the power mode to 5 min if that happens.

TNBT1000004EN03 _C451-C550-C650_noise _from_fusing_unit
TABT0700333EN00_C451-C550-C650_fuser_unit_noise
TNBT1000004EN00_C451-C550-C650_NOISE_FROM_FUSING_UNIT

Custom Search