PDA

View Full Version : Error Code Bizhub C451 Near Trouble Code(s)

Custom Search

macjax
02-14-2015, 03:34 AM
I would like to thank everyone who takes time out to post answers to my questiosn. It is greatly appreciated ! You all have been a tremendous help and I really can't thank you enough. I now have my C451 pretty much working with a few issues that I am posting below. Again, thank you all !!

I Basically have 2 questions. My C451 is finally up and running but I have an issue with printer anything with the color red. Everything red on a image seems to print yellow. Seems like there is basically no red in any of my copies. After playing around with it, I noticed a message that says this below:

X3eTY-D494

Near Trouble

P7/P21

61643MB

I am not sure if this message is related to the lack of red or better yet, the missing red from my copies or if it's something totally different.

Any help in this matter is greatly appreciated !!!!!!

allan
02-14-2015, 05:13 AM
The machine works with 2 images density sensors underneath the transfer belt on the doors side. This set the density and the color registration.
P-7 would pop up if magenta goes missing as per your description. only yellow shows because magenta completes the overlay mix to make red.
P-21 pops up because color registration can not be done with one color missing.

Remove and reseat your Magenta Image unit.
How old are the units if they are run down you have to replace them.

If you go into service mode -> tests mode -> halftone pattern -> CMYK it would produce a half tone of each primary color, that would give u an idea of quality of the image unit. That is if it produces any color at all.

Do that and upload images.

macjax
02-19-2015, 04:57 AM
Thanks Allan for the info !

I am not sure how old the imaging unit is. I did remove it and re-seated it. Still has same issue.

Is there anyway for me to tell with the menus on how old the Magenta unit is?

Also, how to I get into the service menu to test ? I thought it was to press and hold the UTILITY/COUNTER button but that just takes me to a page that says "SERVICE RESET" >>> OK..

Thanks !!!!!!!

macjax
02-19-2015, 05:05 AM

Actually found this and attached a pic..

Thanks !!!

allan
02-19-2015, 05:19 AM
If the unit was reset then that bars does not mean anything.
Goto utility -> counter -> details.
Then press "stop" "0" "0" "Stop" "0" "1" to get service mode. Dont mess around with the setting there.

Goto -> test mode -> halftone pattern. Touch CMYK and press start make sure there is paper in the machine this will produce full coverage pages of CMYK.

This would give you an idea of the state of the image units.
Take snap shots and post that.

habik
02-19-2015, 02:35 PM

Actually found this and attached a pic..

Thanks !!!

You have used 20% of your Magenta IU. However, have you chipped the imaging unit by any chance, or someone else? Do as Allan suggested and see if the halftone print is solid. If it ain't then try and clean the Laser Window for each of the colors. There is a Tool (stick with a pad) in Tray 1 or tray 2 under a cover (near handle) . Open the IU section - remove waste box and look for a gap under neath the IU where you can put the stick with pad first :) Give it a good shafting and put everything back and try again.

If that doesn't work then your IU might be shot or just lacking of toner supply.

macjax
02-20-2015, 12:15 AM
Goto utility -> counter -> details.
Then press "stop" "0" "0" "Stop" "0" "1" to get service mode. Dont mess around with the setting there.

Goto -> test mode -> halftone pattern. Touch CMYK and press start make sure there is paper in the machine this will produce full coverage pages of CMYK.

Thank you !! I seem to be having a problem locating the test page. I attached the a pic of the menu I see but can't find the counter or details buttons.

habik
02-20-2015, 03:44 PM
Its there think of a synonym for counter!

Sent from my iDon't believe in marketing device using Tapatalk

macjax
03-27-2015, 12:52 AM
Hey, Sorry for the delay in response but today I finally had some time to fool around with the copier. I copied a Netflix envelope. As you can see in the picture, most of it is yellow and it should be red. Any ideas of what I should replace to fix this ?

Thanks !!!!!

wseyller
03-27-2015, 01:18 AM
Could be the laser glass needs cleaning. Could be the magenta IU is shot. Assuming the laser is not an issue run a halftone of the magenta and stop the copier to see if you find coverage on the drum. If not first change the IU. If good on the drum see if it is good on the belt. If good then maybe the transfer roller is the issue.

Those are just some basics but should point you in the right direction .

macjax
03-27-2015, 01:55 AM
Could be the laser glass needs cleaning. Could be the magenta IU is shot. Assuming the laser is not an issue run a halftone of the magenta and stop the copier to see if you find coverage on the drum. If not first change the IU. If good on the drum see if it is good on the belt. If good then maybe the transfer roller is the issue.

Those are just some basics but should point you in the right direction .

Thanks wseyller !!

It seems to print exactly like this (front starting red then the rest of the image going yellow) every time I copy this Netflix envelope. If it was the IU, then wouldn't it be more random in terms of where the red shows yellow ?

Also, I was told that there was nothing wrong with this copier when I acquired it. Is it possible this started happening from the unit being transferred ? If so then is there maybe a common issue that causes this when these units are transferred ?

Thanks, again ...

wseyller
03-27-2015, 02:24 AM
It is hard to tell with your test image. Get some 11x17 and go to service mode and then the test mode then halftones and run them. This will be much more useful to us I promise. The troubleshoot steps I gave are what is called a half stop test and is best used with the halftone test. You could open the front door for example to jam the copier when it is laying toner down on each component. This will help eliminate components involved in the electro photographic process. Sure it could be caused when the copier is moved. There is also high voltage involved to create the charges needed and there could be an electrical contact issue. But you first need to figure out at which component the toner does not transfer.

I recommend following these suggestions are you may be just chasing your tail.

Albonline
03-27-2015, 02:29 PM
Hey, Sorry for the delay in response but today I finally had some time to fool around with the copier. I copied a Netflix envelope. As you can see in the picture, most of it is yellow and it should be red. Any ideas of what I should replace to fix this ?

Thanks !!!!!

they are telling you what you need to do to identify the problem area, my suggestion, change the tech working on this, as he can't or won't follow directions.

macjax
03-27-2015, 09:03 PM
they are telling you what you need to do to identify the problem area, my suggestion, change the tech working on this, as he can't or won't follow directions.

What are you talking about ? I am the person working on this copier. Isn't this what this forum is for ? To ask questions ?

habik
03-27-2015, 09:15 PM
What are you talking about ? I am the person working on this copier. Isn't this what this forum is for ? To ask questions ?

You like chasing your tail.

Where are the HALFTONE PRINTOUTS OF CMYK FROM THE SERVICE MODE???

you ask - we answer
You ask again - we answered again
We asked for one important bit and you can't deliver, because you like asking questions.
The lightbulb is not lit up fully. Thats your problem.

darry1322
03-27-2015, 09:21 PM
Based on the pic of the netflix envelope, you need a magenta image unit. Print a halftone pattern for a more accurate idea.

habik
03-27-2015, 09:27 PM
Based on the pic of the netflix envelope, you need a magenta image unit. Print a halftone pattern for a more accurate idea.

Darry thats the issue ... He doesn't know how. Allan already asked for it, so did I, Weyseller and now you. :)

If he googled a bit, he would come across even a Youtube video on how to access it. Its just easier to ask ...Here...

minimerlin
03-27-2015, 11:00 PM
Darry thats the issue ... He doesn't know how. Allan already asked for it, so did I, Weyseller and now you. :)

If he googled a bit, he would come across even a Youtube video on how to access it. Its just easier to ask ...Here...

Sent from my iDon't believe in marketing device using TapatalkI feel that there seem to be many more so call Techs asking for help on very simple faults. Makes me wonder if they are actual Techs at all? If he is a Tech I pity his customers. Just my 2 cents worth. No offence intended but this site is for copier techs.

macjax
03-28-2015, 03:10 AM
You like chasing your tail.

Where are the HALFTONE PRINTOUTS OF CMYK FROM THE SERVICE MODE???

you ask - we answer
You ask again - we answered again
We asked for one important bit and you can't deliver, because you like asking questions.
The lightbulb is not lit up fully. Thats your problem.

Sorry, I am not a copy tech. I did not know this forum was for techs only. I wouldn't have posted here. I never said I was a tech, and by reading my posts, you should of known I had no idea what I was doing but I guess your light was out. I could not figure out how to get into the service menu that they were asking me to print from. At one point I thought I was in the correct menus and just did not have those options available. If you looked at my earlier post, you would see that I was asking how to get into the service menu but again, I guess your light bulb was flickering.

Oh, yeah...YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT ME. All you know is that I am looking for help with a copier. So before you start talking about people's intelligence, you should really know who you are talking to. I know that you probably think your all cool and stuff because you can fix a copy machine. Fucking lame asshole. Have fun with you little fag copy repair men you dumb fuck.

wseyller
03-28-2015, 05:43 AM
Well.......bye

habik
03-28-2015, 11:17 AM

Goto Utility Counter-> meter count -> check details.
Then press "stop" "0" "0" "Stop" "0" "1" to get service mode.

Don't mess around with the setting there.

Goto -> test mode -> halftone pattern. Touch CMYK and press start make sure there is A3/Ledger paper in the machine this will produce full coverage pages of CMYK.

Dear upset Macjax,

Here is your lightbulb posted by Allan. I have expanded the paragraphs so it is easier to understand.

Copy involves two parts: scanner and print engine. Your Netflix post shows COPY. That could be at fault Scanner or Print Engine. Thats the reason we ask for the Engine Print outs from the very base avoiding any color management, simulations, A/D conversions and such.

This sites name is copyTECHnet. We are techs not baby sitters. If you need A-Z answers try Fixya and pay for the answers!

On the margo of inteligence. Mine is below average, I earn more than average on people like you.
Should you consider your self with higher intelligence than me, you'd bite the bullet and apologise for overstepping the mark as you accidentally missed the answers you were looking for.

Custom Search