PDA

View Full Version : Konica Minolta Bizhub 352

Custom Search

kriss
02-19-2015, 06:03 AM
Hey guys.

I would like to reset my admin password. I have a konica minolta bizhub c352 and I have follow your suggestions to get into service mode and have gotten all the way to the admin password and have changed it. However the change does not take. I type in a new password, hit end, then it ask me to retype the password. Then I hit end and it just sits there. If I keep hitting end it ask me to type in a new password again. Any idea what the problem could be?

I would really appreciate your help.

Mitch, I mailed you this question but wasn't sure if you got it. So I am asking it here.

Please help anyone!

Thanks,

Kris

kriss
02-20-2015, 05:11 AM
bump...

still no answer?

Foxhound
02-20-2015, 06:00 AM
Just a reach; are there certain creiteria for the password? I.E Eight characters and or numerials etc. I'm pretty sure it needs to be 8 letters/numbers.

kriss
02-20-2015, 06:17 AM
Just a reach; are there certain creiteria for the password? I.E Eight characters and or numerials etc. I'm pretty sure it needs to be 8 letters/numbers.

You are right Foxhound and thanks for responding.

It needs to be 8.

The funny thing is that I get right up to the admin password and put it in, but it does not take. I enter a new one and re-enter it. Then I press end and it does not accept it.

I even get to CE password but when I enter the one posted on this site starting with 9. It says it is not valid.

Strange.

I only need to change the IP address but to do this I need to get to the admin functions. Unless someone knows another way.

What do you think?

Thanks,

Kris

Foxhound
02-20-2015, 06:25 AM
So just to catch up the default password of 12345678 does not work?

kriss
02-20-2015, 06:31 AM
So just to catch up the default password of 12345678 does not work?
Nope.

I tried that as the admin password.

Then I went into service mode and even tried to enter it there as the admin password but it would not take.

Foxhound
02-20-2015, 06:33 AM
Service mode should be 92729272

kriss
02-20-2015, 06:43 AM
Service mode should be 92729272
yes that should be the CE password in service mode, right? I think that was changed because when I enter it in, it says the password is wrong.

Anyway the point is that I cannot change the Administrator password in service mode. I try to change it but it hangs and does not accept the change.

That's my core problem.

Foxhound
02-20-2015, 06:51 AM
Sorry i'm not trying to be disrespectful, to enter service mode press utilities...select,check details, press stop-00-stop01, if it prompts for pass 92729272

kriss
02-20-2015, 06:53 AM
Sorry i'm not trying to be disrespectful, to enter service mode press utilities...select,check details, press stop-00-stop01, if it prompts for pass 92729272

No I appreciate your help. Thanks so much.

I did that already. then I pressed, stop, zero, "c" and got the the password reset section. And from there I entered the password but it did not take.

Foxhound
02-20-2015, 07:04 AM
yeah sorry man, the only other thing i can think of is restore to factory default or wipe hdd. just for giggles use only numbers for your password. I'll keep an ear out, i may have some 2 series in my shop if i get some time.

kriss
02-20-2015, 07:22 AM
yeah sorry man, the only other thing i can think of is restore to factory default or wipe hdd. just for giggles use only numbers for your password. I'll keep an ear out, i may have some 2 series in my shop if i get some time.

If I restored to factory default would that change the IP address? Or would that wipe out the administrator password function?

kriss
02-20-2015, 06:33 PM
If I restored to factory default would that change the IP address? Or would that wipe out the administrator password function?

anyone have an idea about this question?

kriss
02-22-2015, 06:07 AM
How can I change the ip address in the bizhub c352 without the admin password?

I am putting a new one in but the system is not accepting it.

Or is it possible to reinstall the operating system totally. This system has a finisher installed with it.

Thanks,

Kris

allan
02-22-2015, 06:24 AM
I had a similar problem wit a B601 after swapping out the CF cards on 2 machines. The only way i could get back into admin was to do a CF card recovery.

Dont know if this is of any relevance.

kriss
02-22-2015, 07:57 AM
I had a similar problem wit a B601 after swapping out the CF cards on 2 machines. The only way i could get back into admin was to do a CF card recovery.

Dont know if this is of any relevance.

Thanks Alan but how would I do that here?

thanks,

kris

allan
02-22-2015, 08:44 AM
No that would not help i checked the manual on this machine and the only thing i can think of is that the enhanced security features are turned on which would not allow you to use a password that has already been used or not in the format specified.

Things you can clear on the machine is All Data, HHD and NVRAM. Hope some one knows the right procedure to follow to get you out of your jam otherwize a MFPB change would probably do the trick.

Is the machine on DHCP?

kriss
02-22-2015, 10:12 AM
No that would not help i checked the manual on this machine and the only thing i can think of is that the enhanced security features are turned on which would not allow you to use a password that has already been used or not in the format specified.

Things you can clear on the machine is All Data, HHD and NVRAM. Hope some one knows the right procedure to follow to get you out of your jam otherwize a MFPB change would probably do the trick.

Is the machine on DHCP?

Yes the router would automatically assign an ip address to the copier. I can modify that however.

What are you thinking, or what would a MFPB change do?

Thanks,

Kris

allan
02-22-2015, 10:49 AM
Can you login on PSWC? I guess not. What do you need to change on the machine? Its an expensive dinosaur the running costs is very high. I scrap working ones for that reason.

kriss
02-22-2015, 11:18 AM
Can you login on PSWC? I guess not. What do you need to change on the machine? Its an expensive dinosaur the running costs is very high. I scrap working ones for that reason.

Just need to change the IP address it is set at 192.200.9.98

I would like it to start with 198.xxxxxx

So I have to get that IP address changed.

allan
02-22-2015, 11:34 AM
If DHCP is working then the router is assigning the IP. Is the router on the 192 range?

Is DHCP working?
Can you login to PSWC?

kriss
02-22-2015, 12:03 PM
If DHCP is working then the router is assigning the IP. Is the router on the 192 range?

Is DHCP working?
Can you login to PSWC?

no router is on the 198 range

What is pswc?

Thanks,

Kris

allan
02-22-2015, 12:27 PM
You know it but not by the abbreviation. Use a crossover cable from a pc or laptop set to the same range as the MFP to access the embedded web function. set the Pc/Laptop to Say 192.200.9.252 and then type the device ip into the web browser. See if the admin password works from there by login in.

kriss
02-22-2015, 12:55 PM
You know it but not by the abbreviation. Use a crossover cable from a pc or laptop set to the same range as the MFP to access the embedded web function. set the Pc/Laptop to Say 192.200.9.252 and then type the device ip into the web browser. See if the admin password works from there by login in.

Ok will try when im back in office in next few hours

Can I also go into service mode and reset the admin password with the browser?

allan
02-22-2015, 02:07 PM
I suspect that you would not be able to login, but it is worth a shot. you can change the IP from there.

RRodgers
02-22-2015, 03:09 PM
For giggles I'd try flashing it then try changing the admin password.

allan
02-22-2015, 03:39 PM
Yea its worth a shot but its not supposed to change configuration.

kriss
02-22-2015, 08:44 PM
Yea its worth a shot but its not supposed to change configuration.

Hi guys,
thanks for the support.

i have not been able to try the solution because we had a medical emergency.
i will try it in the morning.
by the way. What would flashing it do? And how would it be done?

thanks,

kris

allan
02-22-2015, 11:20 PM
That would be to reload the firmware on the machine. You need a very specific compact flash card, cygwin software tool and appropriate firmware.
If you are not familiar with this then get a Konica Minolta tech to preform that or fix the issue.

Foxhound
02-23-2015, 06:12 AM
Still looking around if i find anything i will add. eventually you will need to just reformatt the hdd.

Solution ID
TAUS0700397EN* Solution Usage
Description
ADMINISTRATOR PASSWORD NOT VALID DUE TO UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS message.
Solution
CAUSE: Machine data has been corrupted.
SOLUTION: Remove all four image units and perform a Data Clearin Service Mode, System 1, Initialization.
WARNING : FAILURE TO REMOVE THE IMAGE UNITS WILL RESULT IN HAVING TO REPLACE THEM.

kriss
02-23-2015, 10:34 AM
Still looking around if i find anything i will add. eventually you will need to just reformatt the hdd.

Solution ID
TAUS0700397EN* Solution Usage
Description
ADMINISTRATOR PASSWORD NOT VALID DUE TO UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS message.
Solution
CAUSE: Machine data has been corrupted.
SOLUTION: Remove all four image units and perform a Data Clearin Service Mode, System 1, Initialization.
WARNING : FAILURE TO REMOVE THE IMAGE UNITS WILL RESULT IN HAVING TO REPLACE THEM.

Ok so is this the reason why I cannot reset the admin password in service mode?
Okay, so what should I do next then? If this is the case?

Thanks,

Kris

Custom Search