PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 250 trying to reset error code

Custom Search

axyun
02-20-2015, 04:23 PM
Bizhub 250 was making straining noise just before feed and went into misfeed with no feed. Cheated interlock on right side to see what was turning and shortly after got error c3451. Tried reset according to info received Held down utility/counter key while turning on machine but did not get any type of reset screen. Tried tech rep mode but again did not see reset option and machine still in c3451 error.Machine did not give error code until after cheating interlock. Please advise. Frank /Action Photocopy

darry1322
02-20-2015, 07:21 PM
There is a small push button under the cover next to the network jack. Press that button and when you see the dot on the side of the screen press 3 ( or maybe 1 .... just press each one ) that should get you to trouble reset screen.

axyun
02-20-2015, 07:45 PM
Bizhub 250 was making straining noise just before feed and went into misfeed with no feed. Cheated interlock on right side to see what was turning and shortly after got error c3451. Tried reset according to info received Held down utility/counter key while turning on machine but did not get any type of reset screen. Tried tech rep mode but again did not see reset option and machine still in c3451 error. Machine did not go into error code until after i cheated interlock. Please advise. Frank /Action Photocopy

darry1322
02-20-2015, 07:58 PM
The door closure mechanism closes an interlock for heat lamp power supply. With the door open the fuser never heats. Trouble reset should clear your code.

axyun
02-20-2015, 08:22 PM
Thanks again Darryl. The trouble reset did reset the fuser but unable to reset the c2557 which comes back after resetting sequence. Frank

darry1322
02-20-2015, 08:47 PM
That's the ATDC failure. If you reset drum count on these machines without replacing the developer and running the F8 mode, the machine will eventually give the C2557 code. The ATDC sensor is ok, the values are just out of range. Replacing drum and developer following the proper procedure should resolve the problem.

axyun
02-20-2015, 09:54 PM
Thanks Darryl. Will post results when problem is solved. Frank

axyun
02-23-2015, 09:38 PM
Returned to customer's office today. The C2557 is not a result of changing drum without developer as nothing was changed and no counters were reset. The C2557 came on as a result of a drive problem. One of the main motors has a worn down head and a couple of gears on drive unit are worn. Am ordering drive motor and drive unit for machine. Just don't know if machine will reset the C2557 after installing drive parts.
Am I going to have to change drum and developer even though machine never needed either one or can i reset counters and leave same good drum and developer in machine if code does not reset? Frank

deepdiver
02-23-2015, 10:39 PM
Returned to customer's office today. The C2557 is not a result of changing drum without developer as nothing was changed and no counters were reset. The C2557 came on as a result of a drive problem. One of the main motors has a worn down head and a couple of gears on drive unit are worn. Am ordering drive motor and drive unit for machine. Just don't know if machine will reset the C2557 after installing drive parts.
Am I going to have to change drum and developer even though machine never needed either one or can i reset counters and leave same good drum and developer in machine if code does not reset? Frank

Once you replace motor and since you have just replaced drum/dev, just run F8 mode again. Just make sure drum/dev counter is reset. I have seen on this model that if the C2557 comes back after replacing drum/dev and running F8 mode, you just need to reset through pin hole on RHS and run F8 mode again. Keep RHS door open when you reset. I have seen me run F8 mode several times before it would setup correctly.

axyun
02-24-2015, 12:11 AM
I did no t change the drum or the developer and I did not reset the counters. The error code C2557 came when the drive motor could not turn.I don'r know why it caused a C2557.Frank

darry1322
02-24-2015, 02:28 AM
I did no t change the drum or the developer and I did not reset the counters. The error code C2557 came when the drive motor could not turn.I don'r know why it caused a C2557.Frank

If your drive motor is not driving the developer unit, you aren't getting an induced voltage across the ATDC sensor so the machine fails with the ATDC code 2557. After you get drive fixed, the code MAY go away if the toner/carrier ratio is still good.

axyun
02-24-2015, 02:48 AM
Thanks again Darryl. Good info. Will post results. Frank

Blizzoo
02-24-2015, 07:19 AM
You can manually adjust ATDC gain in smode : Tech. Rep.Choise ->Printer->ATDC sensor Gain.Take a look what is the current value and play a little with the values between 170 and 185 after you replace the broken gears, you may get rid of the 2557 code.

axyun
02-24-2015, 07:31 AM
Thank you Alex. I can try that if machine doen't reset after changing motor and drive unit. Frank

axyun
03-10-2015, 12:24 AM
Was getting intermittent C2557 and c2211 codes. Changed both motors and drive unit. The developer motor had badley damaged drive head from dv unit resistance. The other motor had resitand from transfer assembly which was a little gooky. Tookm it apart, cleaned it and lubed. Still getting c2557 and may need to change dv unit. Paper stop when going thru fuser with the c2557 code. Also machine not allow acknowledgement of trouble reset though i see that it is mentioned here to open right side door when doing it which i did not. Can't get into tech rep mode as it stays in reset mode and keeps cycling bact to dot on screen when you are supposed to press 3, then end, then trouble reset. This is getting crazy with time + cost. Wish i had a used machine for parts when i started.Starting to get disoriented. Help!!!. Frank

wseyller
03-10-2015, 01:15 AM
Also another reason for the C2557 that you may want to take a quick look at. The toner adding solenoid on the toner drive assembly can stick if that foam pad wears off. It gets sticky if it does. See if the solenoid is engage as it will add too much toner to the Dev unit.

It is possible to see this when removing the drum/IU.

It is possible to get into tech rep mode if you reset the code and leave the right door and/or duplex door open. It will keep it from coding out and allow you to access it.

Victor285
04-02-2015, 12:59 PM
Was getting intermittent C2557 and c2211 codes. Changed both motors and drive unit. The developer motor had badley damaged drive head from dv unit resistance. The other motor had resitand from transfer assembly which was a little gooky. Tookm it apart, cleaned it and lubed. Still getting c2557 and may need to change dv unit. Paper stop when going thru fuser with the c2557 code. Also machine not allow acknowledgement of trouble reset though i see that it is mentioned here to open right side door when doing it which i did not. Can't get into tech rep mode as it stays in reset mode and keeps cycling bact to dot on screen when you are supposed to press 3, then end, then trouble reset. This is getting crazy with time + cost. Wish i had a used machine for parts when i started.Starting to get disoriented. Help!!!. Frank

After you see dot on screen, press 3, then enter access code and enter / exit. You should either get or read the manual.:rolleyes:

Hansoon
04-02-2015, 07:55 PM
Can't get into tech rep mode as it stays in reset mode and keeps cycling bact to dot on screen when you are supposed to press 3, then end, then trouble reset.

That's what the guy did so what do you want to say Victor285??

Hans

Brett GS
04-02-2015, 08:55 PM
You can manually adjust ATDC gain in smode : Tech. Rep.Choise ->Printer->ATDC sensor Gain.Take a look what is the current value and play a little with the values between 170 and 185 after you replace the broken gears, you may get rid of the 2557 code.
I was going to suggest the same,i have pushed it up to 200 in order to clear 2557 code.

Brett

axyun
04-02-2015, 09:02 PM
I sold the customer a Ricoh Aficio MP2550. I have not picked up the 250 yet. Will do so next week and maybe continue to try to fix it. Thanks for all the help. I will post results when finished or if a new situation arises. Frank

Victor285
04-03-2015, 03:08 AM
That's what the guy did so what do you want to say Victor285??

Hans

Doesn't matter now, as he replaced unit. :rolleyes: Trouble reset is timed with rather short window for resetting or it continues cycling. 3, 00000000. trouble reset, exit.

Custom Search