PDA

View Full Version : Di 650 hard drive reformat, how to?

Custom Search

05-08-2008, 06:54 PM
how do i reformat the harddrive in a di650

cobiray
05-08-2008, 10:29 PM
I don't think the DI650 has a drive on the machine. Are you referring to the HDD on the print interface?

mtech
05-09-2008, 01:00 AM
The Di650 can have an optional 20G HDD installed on the machine. If you need to format, you are probably wanting to format the controller HDD. I believe you need to go into 47 mode and then enter 90 mode there you should be able to initialize the controller HDD. Do not use the utility button and 4 digit password to enter service mode or the initialize option will not be available. You must hold down 4-7 and power on the machine to get there. This will work on an HP9055-9065, which I believe is the same as a Di551/650.(not sure of the controller, but it is worth a try) Remember that formatting the disk will blow out your scan destinations and with an HP9055 you will have to reload the JAR files to get scanning to work.
Good luck!

copy shop
05-09-2008, 02:18 AM
I take them out, mount them into an external hard drive case that uses the usb port on your computer. Plug it into your usb port after mounting it and when it opens on your computer, just right click on it and format in the Fat32 format, because The NTFS format cannot be read by the copier... also no need to name the volume while formatting.
Then you just remove the hard drive from the hardrive enclosure and put it back into the copier and your done.

Hope this is what your talking about

Tammy

Custom Search