PDA

View Full Version : Error Code bizhub 3320 Scan to Email

Custom Search

CopierNerd
02-24-2015, 05:59 PM
In bizhub 3320 what are the settings for scan to email? where are these settings? Can any one please tell in detail.
Highly appreciated!

darry1322
02-24-2015, 06:35 PM
I haven't set this up on a 3320 but generally speaking you need:

SMTP server name or IP
port number
whether it requires authentication
whether it uses SSL or TLS
valid username and password for the sender account
valid ( or invalid as the case may be ) email address for the copier to use as a sender address

the settings are best made from the web interface for the machine

details can be found in the user manuals

CopierNerd
02-25-2015, 02:51 PM
Thankyou very much Darry! Happy to see your reply.The settings you mentioned are the basics of scan to email.But in bizhub 3320 email settings are a bit different from the previous models.I am accessing bizhub 3320 through web browser (Via HTTP) and i have assigned the IP address, Gateway, Subnet Mask, Primary Secondary DNS server addresses, SMTP server address.Port Nos are default.I have also made a email shortcut and its showing on the machine, but when i try to send a document through email, an error appears on the screen, "Error" then after this machine gives a report print about the failure of scan to email.It says "Connection Error". I think i am missing some thing, some settings ? I am new to this machine and its settings, I want to know where to enter the Administrator Email address which is the "FROM ADDRESS", and SMTP Authentication? where do i enter the username & password & domain of the sender's email id.These are the settings i want to know.I think after entering these settings scan to email will start working.Hopefully, some one on copytechnet will be using bizhub 3320 with scan to email.
Thanks!

manlyman07
02-26-2015, 04:15 AM
Hi

Sounds like you will need to add the machines from email address in. Its under Admin Settings-> Administrator System Settings-> Administrator Registration-> Administrator address. That should work unless there is authentication needed for the mail server.

CopierNerd
02-26-2015, 05:37 PM
You are right! But where to enter these settings? The settings you are telling, were in previous models.This machine is different.If you can tell me exactly from the machine? bizhub 3320? That will be grateful!

Custom Search