PDA

View Full Version : C654e + Finsher

Custom Search

Phrag
02-27-2015, 05:54 AM
We had an issue with the stapling function on the above configuration, where every 3rd page in a set (regardless of # of pages in set) would NOT staple. It would sit about 3/4 inch out from the rest. We tried replacing paddles, replacing the short paddles with longer ones, checked grounding strap thing on the bottom. We escalated with KM, and they suggested firmware, but were also stumped. Weeks and weeks of troubleshooting went into this.

As it turned out, the extension lead was the cause. We replaced it and she works wonders. Just FYI.

B0265
02-27-2015, 07:40 AM
What model of finisher? We have this problem with the FS-534 in a couple of locations.
Was it an extension for the power cord you replaced?

emujo
02-27-2015, 05:01 PM
Be a little more specific, can you provide the part # of the item you replaced? Emujo

Phrag
03-01-2015, 11:24 PM
Sorry, I should have been more specific.

It was an FS534. The extension cord I'm talking about are the kind you buy from a department store for home. There isn't a part number to reference.

Basically, avoid using extension leads where possible. The power lead that came with the machine was fine, it was just the extension lead which seemed to cause the issue.

Hope this clears things up. If you still experience this issue B0265, you could replace the power lead as well.

The above is what I'm referring to. It's an Australian (and probably somewhere else too) standard power plugs. This is what was causing the issue.

emujo
03-02-2015, 02:29 PM
Too bad, the us version of this finisher does not use the extension cord. Emujo

allan
03-02-2015, 03:55 PM
Hehe

Phrag
03-04-2015, 10:35 PM
Too bad, the us version of this finisher does not use the extension cord. Emujo

That's just the thing. There isn't an extra lead FOR the finisher itself. I'm talking about extensions for the main body power lead.

Taminol
04-27-2015, 09:15 PM
This is an interesting thread. I have just installed a couple of these on 754's and they are both doing the exact same thing!
It takes about 30 or so sets of a 4-page corner staple job before the page 3 issue occurs for us. But neither machine is on an 'extension' power lead.
I'll change the machine's power cable/kettle lead tomorrow.
Are you thinking it's an earth problem ?
Thanks
Tam

HoonBoy
04-27-2015, 09:48 PM
I had a few of these combinations in the field... Not a good one... Had too replace the FS-534 by FS-535 finishers. The speed of the paper coming into the finisher just looks too fast... the paddles can't handle it.

Problem was acknowledged by Konica Minolta, they had the same problem with a test, we got some compensetion for the swap.

Too bad the FS-535 has it's own problems... limited stapled sets output(else the you have the same problem, not stapled at all) and difficulty removing paper jams...

Hope on the next line they have finishers like the build like the Bizhub 601 / 751 finishers....

Custom Search