PDA

View Full Version : ep5000 C0040 not cleared after fan changed

Custom Search

xs650head
05-09-2008, 03:16 AM
G'day, I have a problem with a minolta EP5000, it has an error code of C0040 that shows about 10 seconds after powering the machine on.
I have read all of the posts on this that indicate the suction fan (M4) and have replaced the fan after running the 'controller board check' and getting no errors.
I also noticed that both the old fan and the new fan acted in a very similar manner in so much as they both spin up initially and then slow down to a stop after about 20 seconds when the machine is just powered on - is this normal?
IF (being very new at copiers) I failed to open and shut the door on the copier would this possibly be the reason for the error to still show. Do you have to reset the error?

Any help well appreciated
regards
XS650head

cobiray
05-09-2008, 04:21 AM
You might want to replace the filters on the suction fan, or test it with out the filter in place. I've seen a thoroughly clogged filter cause the suction fan code also.

Good luck and welcome to the club.

xs650head
05-09-2008, 04:27 AM
You might want to replace the filters on the suction fan, or test it with out the filter in place. I've seen a thoroughly clogged filter cause the suction fan code also.

Good luck and welcome to the club.

The filter was a little blocked and I cleaned it well, my problem is that the error is still there even after changing the fan and cleaning the filter, do I need to reset the error somehow? As iI mentioned I failed to open and shut the front door - maybe this would have cleared the error?

cobiray
05-09-2008, 04:57 AM
Yes, opening and closing the front panel with the power on will reset the code.

xs650head
05-09-2008, 05:07 AM
Thank-you, I will revisit the site on monday morning and try this out, I can't believe that I didn't do it whilst on site!!

thanks again

ni311
05-09-2008, 08:08 AM
I'm not familiar with this model, but I know that other EP's have a small reset switch on the PWB. Isn't the same on this model?

xs650head
05-09-2008, 12:48 PM
Thanks for your help - yes, I believe that this model also has a reset button, I will try this if opening and closing the front door doesn't work.

Many thanks again for all of your help.

regards

xs650head

cobiray
05-09-2008, 06:33 PM
The trouble reset on the newer EP's is to open and close the front panel. This is one of the newer models. There is a tech rep board on the left inside the front panel, but it's for service mode, memory clear and total clear if my memory is correct. The potentiometer for the LCD display is on it also.

xs650head
05-13-2008, 10:19 AM
Just a quick message to say 'THANKS' I revisited the copier today and re-fitted the new fan (M4) powered it up and the error c0040 came up, opened and closed the front door and 'presto' it started to warm-up and came ready.
Brilliant - thanks a million
Keith:D

Custom Search