PDA

View Full Version : c650 Tray 3 & 4 constant jamming after accidental 110# ran from tray 3

Custom Search

Synaux
03-01-2015, 12:31 AM
So, apparently some 110lbcover stock was mixed up in some 100lb Hammermill cover and it naturally jammed in the side hatch (below the bypass)

Changed pickup rollers (even ordered a few of the new roller mentioned in this thread (http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/63313-c652-tray-3-jams-2.html) for the newer MFPs).

Everything was cleaned and recleaned, nothing is bent, broken or blocked as far as I can tell...it is not generating a single jam or warning code (perhaps the bulletin listed in the above thread may not be as relevant without those codes?).

I after a cleaning it will run 20lb out of tray 3, but it refuses to run cardstock (thick 3). Jams are inconsistent in location, but I never see it reach the vertical conveyance section.
Tray 4 will randomly jam on thick 3 paper now, but will run 20lb just fine.

All paper is running straight and not dinged, dented or chipped anywhere. The original piece that jammed had a few dings on the edge, but it was not torn (seems they actually listened to me this time and did not haphazardly yank the paper out).

I was thinking about those conveyance leveling section rollers, what do you guys think?
Total Meter is 666k (lol)
Tray 3 64k • Tray 4 111k They must have been reset by someone...

Synaux
03-03-2015, 04:33 PM
Well I figured out that the latch was broken off on the side hatch (below the bypass) toward the read of the machine.

And obviously it was not the conveyance leveling section rollers as it was happening out of tray 4 too. Weird that it was random on tray 4 and always jamming on tray 3.

I know no one posted on this particular thread, but thanks to other advise on this forum, I looked closer at that (errant) latch.

Thanks!

Custom Search