PDA

View Full Version : 951 with c-3905

Custom Search

yakyitz
03-02-2015, 04:25 PM
Calling all Konica Minolta gurus. I replaced th2 and reset dipsw3-1 to 0 yesterday with no success. I'm going back to recheck my work and test thermostats and lamps. Anyone with experience on these beasts, can you give me some pointers or usual fixes for this problem. Thanks. (All I have is a manual from 2012 which I've found out is wrong and outdated.)

allan
03-02-2015, 05:13 PM
Ok C-3905 describes a abnormality with TH1.

Test your lamps and connectors first L1 and L2 . Even dirty lamps could cause this.
Check TH1 for abnormality.
If not those then reseat connectors on the PRCB and ACDB.
Otherwise replace PRCB or ACDB.

Check the end connector behind the fuser and on the main body for damage. there is a frustrating shutter closing off the connector on the main body if the ADU is not inplace. I remove it but the bracket must be reinstalled to insure the right spacing.

Allan

antone
08-24-2016, 07:18 PM
Ok C-3905 describes a abnormality with TH1.

Test your lamps and connectors first L1 and L2 . Even dirty lamps could cause this.
Check TH1 for abnormality.
If not those then reseat connectors on the PRCB and ACDB.
Otherwise replace PRCB or ACDB.

Check the end connector behind the fuser and on the main body for damage. there is a frustrating shutter closing off the connector on the main body if the ADU is not inplace. I remove it but the bracket must be reinstalled to insure the right spacing.

Allan
Not sure what mean by shutter

Calling all Konica Minolta gurus. I replaced th2 and reset dipsw3-1 to 0 yesterday with no success. I'm going back to recheck my work and test thermostats and lamps. Anyone with experience on these beasts, can you give me some pointers or usual fixes for this problem. Thanks. (All I have is a manual from 2012 which I've found out is wrong and outdated.)

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Albonline
08-25-2016, 04:59 PM
Not sure what mean by shutter

the pins on the ac connectors between the main body and fuser get carboned up and melt, causing poor 220volt connection to heat lamps. easy to see on fuser side , not so easy on the main body side.

antone
08-25-2016, 05:01 PM
the pins on the ac connectors between the main body and fuser get carboned up and melt, causing poor 220volt connection to heat lamps. easy to see on fuser side , not so easy on the main body side.
Printer Control PWA Bad

Albonline
08-25-2016, 05:22 PM
Printer Control PWA Bad

still look at the connectors , could be what took the board out, see this on units where the user has to pull the adu unit out a lot. (units that jam)

antone
08-25-2016, 07:16 PM
still look at the connectors , could be what took the board out, see this on units where the user has to pull the adu unit out a lot. (units that jam)
Ok

bollard
04-09-2018, 04:53 PM
I too am suffering this code.....

carried out the above to no avail:

Checked stats, lamps, replaced all t/h's tested all but had them to replace.
To no avail.

checked all connections in the rear and to pcb .

Lamps turn on x3

I suspect the prcb as i have lamps which would rule out the acdb.

Next plan is to try a complete working fuser from another machine.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Leyahné
04-09-2018, 06:06 PM
If its B951 also check the auxillary roller, had that on a machine a year ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

antone
04-09-2018, 09:02 PM
Calling all Konica Minolta gurus. I replaced th2 and reset dipsw3-1 to 0 yesterday with no success. I'm going back to recheck my work and test thermostats and lamps. Anyone with experience on these beasts, can you give me some pointers or usual fixes for this problem. Thanks. (All I have is a manual from 2012 which I've found out is wrong and outdated.)Ohms lamps on fuser..........check ipc next....on printer control board

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

blackcat4866
04-10-2018, 12:08 AM
I don't know if it's true, but I've heard that these machines can actually run with a blown lamp, they just keep slipping back into warmup cycle in the middle of print jobs. =^..^=

methogod
04-10-2018, 06:30 AM
yes same with 920s they will take 15 minutes to warm up and then run, pause and then keep running...

I rule of thumb lamps with over 3mil we replace if issues like this arise.

tech51
04-10-2018, 04:11 PM
Its also easy to be fooled by a visual check on the upper roller lamps. You get a reflection from the good lamp on to the bad one which makes both of them look ok.

A continuity test of the lamps is the only foolproof way to check them.

I'm speaking from experience here:)

Custom Search