PDA

View Full Version : Konica Minolta C360 Squealing

Custom Search

copierwhisper
03-02-2015, 05:06 PM
I have a C360 that squeals when the last page of a print job exits or just after powering up when the machine comes to ready. The squeal is quick and sharp, it seems to be in conjunction with the when the copy cycle completes or the machine comes to ready. You can hear a motor or something that activates at the same time as the squeal occurs, at first I thought it sounded like when the paper tray lowers the tray but the noise occurs with the paper trays pulled out (at the end of the warm up cycle). I replaced the fuser and had no change in condition, any ideas?

allan
03-02-2015, 05:18 PM
Its the fuser pressure retraction. It drives the sector gear inside the fuser to apply pressure. Its not in the fuser its in the back ot the machine. Some noise is normal.

copier addict
03-02-2015, 07:01 PM
When you find the fuser pressure retraction motor you can lessen the noise by putting a thin washer between the motor and the gear housing. I have done it many times. Make sure the washer isn't too thick though.
Hope this helps

copierwhisper
03-03-2015, 11:06 PM
Thanks so much for the help, it was in fact the fuser retraction motor making the screeching noise!

JR2ALTA
03-04-2015, 01:41 AM
This is a crucial solution to know. Yes, these machines will screech the last sheet and after warm up.

And the fix is so simple and free. Just remove the upper back cover, unscrew the little motor and lube both ends of it.

JR2ALTA
03-04-2015, 01:48 AM
This is a crucial solution to know. Yes, these machines will screech the last sheet and after warm up.

And the fix is so simple and free. Just remove the upper back cover, unscrew the little motor and lube both ends of it.

EarthKmTech
03-04-2015, 11:08 AM
Coincidentally I had a screaming c360 yesterday, but it was not at retraction it was at all times the fuser was being driven.

The drive shaft bushing for the fuser where it enters the rear of the machine is showing its age. I cleaned it and lubed it which has silenced it for now. (machine issue, not fusing unit)

Machine has 700k on the clock, I found this most unusual as I have never had this happen before on one of these.

It will be a new fusing drive assy when/if it returns. Out of contract and off to the dump in 6 months though. I may be lucky.

Custom Search