PDA

View Full Version : KM C450 no cyan

Custom Search

chuckt528
05-09-2008, 03:04 PM
Hey guys, please help. Very limited experience with KM. Just changed out C i/u (new) now no toner is going to unit, washed out. Put old one back in, with reset chip, same problem.
Ran TCR adjust several times, then tried to do gradation adjust, wouldn't let me. Says stabilizer ng. Any ideas?
Thanks

Scareit
05-11-2008, 04:00 PM
Are you sure it is not getting toner??? Is it washed out on the first copy out of the box??? It may be a LPH assy. Also did you shake the IU side to side befor installing it?? And you may want to vac. out the toner hopper. Seen that be a problem too.

cobiray
05-11-2008, 11:35 PM
I've had a few toner bottles not turn smoothly causing it to not add toner. You might want to take the offending color's bottle out and try turning it by hand. It should turn pretty easily by hand.

chuckt528
05-12-2008, 02:04 PM
Thanks guys, yes to all your suggestions. Tried new toner, shook IU, it WAS light right from go. However, running the TCR adjust has made it a little darker so it must be getting SOME toner but I forgot to mention that the usage counter did not reset with either the new IU or the old one with a reset chip! I keep focusing on that and the fact it won't allow gradation adjust. Thanks for any additional help you can give.

random
05-12-2008, 03:14 PM
How does the toner density sensor compare to yellow and magenta? This is in the service mode. Obviously they should all be about the same value if they are then the problem is not in the IU unit.

Pull the transfer belt in and out several times in case one of the HV contacts is dirty.

Print a job and stop the machine mid print, is the image ok on the drum but not the belt?

If it is failing at stabilizing then you should be getting a triangle shape on the touch screen in user mode. If you touch that it will give you a P-code that may help you resolve your problem.

cobiray
05-12-2008, 05:01 PM
I would try manually adding the toner to the IU. I know it's a pain in the neck and can make a mess, but it will narrow down your trouble shooting to one area or another. If you spike the toner and it gets better, you know you have a toner delivery problem and it's not the IU or the LED array. If it doesn't get better and you've tried another (old, new, doesn't matter) then you can look towards the LED/boards for failure.

chuckt528
05-14-2008, 07:09 PM
Thanks all. Put in another new iu and good to go! #@*&#@

Scareit
05-16-2008, 12:08 AM
Do you have any P codes on the machine???

Scareit
05-16-2008, 12:08 AM
sorry, see you got it going!!

Custom Search