PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Bizhub C654 email issue (Odd)

Custom Search

JasonSBE
03-04-2015, 03:47 PM
Greetings all. I have what I consider to be a very unusual issue scanning to email on a bizhub c654. Whenever I scan a very small file(under 150k) I am able to send with no issues. Any larger scans(we're talking kilobytes here, not megabytes) fail. Error code 550 Login Error. I am using a server that requires no authentication. I have tried four different servers. One through the customer's exchange, one through their ISP, one through my email provider, and one through a gmail account. Same results with each server. For my email provider and for gmail, I did provide authentication information as well as appropriate SSL/Port assignment. No change. I have gone into service mode and initialized all network settings, as well as server cache data. No change. I have reset all data on machine, and formatted HDD. No change. Has anyone ever experienced an issue like this? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Also, the machine is using the most current base firmware -72.

JasonSBE
03-04-2015, 04:08 PM
I left out some information. For troubleshooting purposes I brought another copier to the location. Gave it the same IP as the existing machine, and scanned a larger(about 2 MB) file. Went through with no issues. It has to either be a glitch in the machine, or a configuration issue. I've exhausted every setting I can think of with no solutions in sight.

emujo
03-04-2015, 04:57 PM
Back up any address book data first, do a factory reset, and HDD format. Reload latest firmware. Re enter your mail info and try to do a direct input to any of the addresses in question. If successful, re import the original address book. If the problem re-occurs, then something in the address book is corrupt. Format the HDD again and manually enter the addresses. From the SM. 550 • SMTP server error. The requested action is not executed. The MFP is getting this response from the SMTP server, not really an error code, but something associated with the mail box you are trying to send to. Try sending the file as a TIFF or JPEG..What are the results? My money is on a corrupt AB or HDD error. Emujo

allan
03-04-2015, 06:15 PM
I am having intermittent problems with compact PDF. So i change all the machines to just PDF.

JasonSBE
03-05-2015, 01:40 AM
Back up any address book data first, do a factory reset, and HDD format. Reload latest firmware. Re enter your mail info and try to do a direct input to any of the addresses in question. If successful, re import the original address book. If the problem re-occurs, then something in the address book is corrupt. Format the HDD again and manually enter the addresses. From the SM.550 • SMTP server error. The requested action is not executed. The MFP is getting this response from the SMTP server, not really an error code, but something associated with the mail box you are trying to send to. Try sending the file as a TIFF or JPEG..What are the results? My money is on a corrupt AB or HDD error. Emujo

As stated, I have already tried a factory reset and HDD format(first physical then logical). I did try direct input, which resulted in the same issue. Results are the same with TIFF and JPEG. Pardon my ignorance but what is a corrupt AB?

stevena86
03-05-2015, 02:55 AM
Means corrupt address book.

Have you also by chance looked at the max file size setting in page scope under SMTP to make sure it's set to the max and not some really small amount?

wseyller
03-05-2015, 03:29 AM
Can you setup a scan to smb and see if you have the same issue. If same issue would make me think data corruption on the MFP somewhere.

In service mode > state confirmation there are some test you can run on the memory and HDD.

JasonSBE
03-05-2015, 01:25 PM
There was no max file size originally, though I did set it to 10MB just as part of the troubleshooting process. I am able to scan to smb with no limitations.

SmellsHot
03-05-2015, 08:53 PM
How did you do a factory default? Did you do a "clear all data" initialization?

JasonSBE
03-05-2015, 10:23 PM
How did you do a factory default? Did you do a "clear all data" initialization?

I did not at the time. I merely cleared network and server cache data. Today I did an all data clear. Didn't change anything. After all the troubleshooting and such their it guy was there today. He decided to open all traffic on the ip of the copier. It's working now. Network issue all day. Weirdest email issue I've ever encountered.

MFPTech
03-06-2015, 03:20 PM
If the other machine worked just fine and all the settings of the existing machine are fine then the only difference is the MAC address.

JasonSBE
03-06-2015, 03:26 PM
The other machine was an older more primitive machine that may not have used the same network services. Also for the sake of troubleshooting I did change the ip and the DNS host name of the konica. So you're right, only the Mac address was a constant for the bizhub on the network. It guy said there was no Mac filtering on his firewall, but either way it's resolved.

Custom Search