PDA

View Full Version : BH C554e, continuously rebooting

Custom Search

Nelo
03-04-2015, 10:59 PM
Hi, I have a bhc554e that's continuously rebooting.

Replaced - MFPB Board
SSD Board
RAM
Did firmware upgrade ( machine can not read flash drive / firmware )
New power supply was also fitted and tested.

The fault still remained after doing all above.

I Need assistance to fix Rebooting Fault.

JasonSBE
03-05-2015, 01:37 AM
At what point is it rebooting? Does it successfully boot, or reboot before it's completed startup? Also when you say that it's not reading thumb drive for firmware update, have you tried more than one?

stevena86
03-05-2015, 02:50 AM
I have to ask this, because with these new 4e series, replacing boards is A LOT more involved than previous copiers.

Did you follow ALL of the instructions when replacing the boards? Did you replace the MFPB before the SSD? If so, I have to ask why, as constant rebooting was a known issue shortly after the series was released, wherein a temp. fix was applied via firmware and settings changes, which was then permanently fixed with just replacing the SSD board and an SSD Firmware Fix specifically. Did you add the SSD firmware fix after replacing the SSD board and then update the firmware to the latest version (G00-C8 or higher)?

What version of firmware is the machine currently at?

emujo
03-05-2015, 01:39 PM
Did you remember to input the machine type when you replaced the MFP board? If you changed the parts above in the order listed and didn't select the machine type you wouldn't get any further. Emujo

Nelo
03-05-2015, 03:12 PM
At what point is it rebooting? Does it successfully boot, or reboot before it's completed startup? Also when you say that it's not reading thumb drive for firmware update, have you tried more than one?

Hi, it doesn't successfully boots. I tried only three lf the same type of flash drives. When shuts down all lights on the mfpb board goes off too, then reboots for 2-3 seconds then reboots.

Nelo
03-05-2015, 03:22 PM
I have to ask this, because with these new 4e series, replacing boards is A LOT more involved than previous copiers.

Did you follow ALL of the instructions when replacing the boards? Did you replace the MFPB before the SSD? If so, I have to ask why, as constant rebooting was a known issue shortly after the series was released, wherein a temp. fix was applied via firmware and settings changes, which was then permanently fixed with just replacing the SSD board and an SSD Firmware Fix specifically. Did you add the SSD firmware fix after replacing the SSD board and then update the firmware to the latest version (G00-C8 or higher)?

What version of firmware is the machine currently at?

All intructions were sent from KM Australia. I fitted the new mfpb board with the machines original ssd, the machine still rebooted. I escallated the fault and a ssd board was sent to me. I then had the new ssd and new mfpb board installed, still the same result. Concidering data over writing, I tried out installing the original mfpb board with the new ssd, it still rebooted

Will heck out the firmware version and reply.

Thanks

Nelo
03-05-2015, 03:28 PM
Did you remember to input the machine type when you replaced the MFP board? If you changed the parts above in the order listed and didn't select the machine type you wouldn't get any further. Emujo

Hi, could not get to the part where I can select machine model, machine keeps rebooting. I think you can select machine model when you upgrade or do firmware, if machine successfully reads your flash drive..??

emujo
03-05-2015, 04:15 PM
Yeah, that's true...Also it is an absolute NONO to replace MFP board and SSD board (or any other combo of boards) at the same time. If you do this you now have an anchor. Emujo

stevena86
03-05-2015, 05:33 PM
Yeah, that's true...Also it is an absolute NONO to replace MFP board and SSD board (or any other combo of boards) at the same time. If you do this you now have an anchor. Emujo

Pretty much this. These new 4e's are some confusing beasts. Basically, all 3 boards backup data from each other in the event one fails. So what you're supposed to do is replace 1 board at a time, follow the data recovery process.

If you replace the MFPB, nothing needs to be done at the start, but you have to run the data recovery process after installing the new board to pull information from the PRCB/SSD.

If you replace the SSD, nothing needs be done at the start, but you must apply the SSD firmware fix and update the firmware immediately before the first power-on to ready state.

If you replace the PRCB, you must first back up the data to the MFPB/SSD and then replace the board, and then do a data recovery.

You can't replace any two boards at the same time on these models. Wish it weren't so, but you may have yourself an anchor. Only thing I could say to try is put all original boards back in. See what happens. If it reboots, replace the SSD board, do the SSD firmware fix and then update the firmware and then see what happens. Then move on to the MFPB, do the recovery and so on.

wseyller
03-05-2015, 07:59 PM
Also make sure the USB drive is formatted correctly. Get one with a light on. If the light doesn't come on after booting then it isn't going to work.

JasonSBE
03-05-2015, 10:26 PM
All intructions were sent from KM Australia. I fitted the new mfpb board with the machines original ssd, the machine still rebooted. I escallated the fault and a ssd board was sent to me. I then had the new ssd and new mfpb board installed, still the same result. Concidering data over writing, I tried out installing the original mfpb board with the new ssd, it still rebooted

Will heck out the firmware version and reply.

Thanks

When you got the new ssd board did the put the original mfp board back in? As stated you can't change them both at once. The only time I've seen an e series get stuck in reboot like that was due to corrupt ssd board.

Nelo
03-07-2015, 12:08 PM
Also make sure the USB drive is formatted correctly. Get one with a light on. If the light doesn't come on after booting then it isn't going to work.

Thanks very much, will have to get a flash with light.

Nelo
03-07-2015, 12:11 PM
When you got the new ssd board did the put the original mfp board back in? As stated you can't change them both at once. The only time I've seen an e series get stuck in reboot like that was due to corrupt ssd board.

Yes had the original mfpb board citted in, thensinstalled the original ssd on the new mfpb. It still rebooted.

Nelo
03-07-2015, 12:20 PM
Pretty much this. These new 4e's are some confusing beasts. Basically, all 3 boards backup data from each other in the event one fails. So what you're supposed to do is replace 1 board at a time, follow the data recovery process.If you replace the MFPB, nothing needs to be done at the start, but you have to run the data recovery process after installing the new board to pull information from the PRCB/SSD.If you replace the SSD, nothing needs be done at the start, but you must apply the SSD firmware fix and update the firmware immediately before the first power-on to ready state.If you replace the PRCB, you must first back up the data to the MFPB/SSD and then replace the board, and then do a data recovery.You can't replace any two boards at the same time on these models. Wish it weren't so, but you may have yourself an anchor. Only thing I could say to try is put all original boards back in. See what happens. If it reboots, replace the SSD board, do the SSD firmware fix and then update the firmware and then see what happens. Then move on to the MFPB, do the recovery and so on.Thank you very much for the info, realy appriciat it.I had all the original boards installed and switched on machine. The machine is still experiencing the same, rebooting. I will redo the new mfpb board instruction and reply.

wseyller
03-07-2015, 08:31 PM
Yes had the original mfpb board citted in, thensinstalled the original ssd on the new mfpb. It still rebooted.
The rebooting issue is the ssd board. I have replaced probably 20 to 30 of them myself overtime.

Just stressing that you must have firmware stick in the machine before booting for the first time or you could mess it up.

It can take as long as 15/20 minutes for the firmware screen to come up. You then proceed with firmware flash. If the light the USB drive isn't lighting up during the wait then that USB drive isn't going to work.

mrcopierman
03-08-2015, 09:15 AM
Hi had the same issue the other day. The symptoms you mention are the same as I had, I removed the ram and the machine booted then hung after about 20 seconds. I tried new ram but the same reboot every 3-5 seconds happened.
I obtained a new ssd and loaded the latest ssd firmware then loaded the latest firmware.
And it worked.
I would try a new usb stick.
On a side note if the hdd is faulty or has a password then you will be unable to load the firmware. It just comes up NG. You need to install a new hdd then reload the firmware reboot.
Then re fit the old hdd and input the hdd code to restore the old hdd or just leave the new one in the machine.
Hope this helps

Dave

Nelo
03-08-2015, 10:58 AM
Hi had the same issue the other day. The symptoms you mention are the same as I had, I removed the ram and the machine booted then hung after about 20 seconds. I tried new ram but the same reboot every 3-5 seconds happened.
I obtained a new ssd and loaded the latest ssd firmware then loaded the latest firmware.
And it worked.
I would try a new usb stick.
On a side note if the hdd is faulty or has a password then you will be unable to load the firmware. It just comes up NG. You need to install a new hdd then reload the firmware reboot.
Then re fit the old hdd and input the hdd code to restore the old hdd or just leave the new one in the machine.
Hope this helps

Dave

Thanks Dave,I haven't tried that out, will do as you mentioned and will see the result after that.

Nelo

Nelo
03-09-2015, 03:05 PM
Thanks everyone for your input, I very much appreciated it all. I was able to have the machine up and running today.
I had the original mfpb board and the new ssd installed, loaded the firmware fix for ssd on flash drive (2gb sandisk) and plugged on to the service port. Switched on machine, it repeatedly rebooted for 40 minutes then it read the usb flash drive. I then selected the machine model and then I loaded firmware, after completion machine was switched off waited for 20 seconds then switched on. The machine booted up and stayed blank for about 30 minutes then came up to the main screen. I tested all function and was fine. I will now check all copy print quality, consumables, network tests and other application tests and have the machine ready for delivery to the customer.

I figured out my problem and that is I didnt leave enough time for it to process things during the firmware proccess, at the instant the flash drive was plugged in and machine turned on.

Thanks once again

Nelo

habik
03-09-2015, 07:17 PM
The man with the biggest USB stick isn't always right :)

2GB max is the KEY for these machines! Also, when you listening closely you can hear relay click just before it starts with firmware accepted. If you don't hear any...you can wait hours and nothing will happen. Even so I went through three USB thumb drives all 2GB and the last one ( with light) worked. :)

copytechman
03-11-2015, 07:20 PM
That's funny, I've been using 2, 64GB Sandisk sticks formatted fat32 forever and have also used 8gb sticks with success as well... i agree though that all sticks are not created equal!

Regards!

A.

habik
03-11-2015, 09:22 PM
SanDisk is a separate world :)
I had 8GB Kingston and 4GB SanDisk and both formatted to fat32 and guess what. They both didn't work on e-series! Used it on C360 OK.
You are a lucky man, or I am just plain stupid. :D

Sent from my iDon't believe in marketing device using Tapatalk

copytechman
03-12-2015, 12:30 PM
SanDisk is a separate world :)
I had 8GB Kingston and 4GB SanDisk and both formatted to fat32 and guess what. They both didn't work on e-series! Used it on C360 OK.
You are a lucky man, or I am just plain stupid. :D

Could be a bit of both! Sometimes its one, sometimes the other!

Regards!
A.

stevena86
03-17-2015, 05:26 PM
The man with the biggest USB stick isn't always right :)

2GB max is the KEY for these machines! Also, when you listening closely you can hear relay click just before it starts with firmware accepted. If you don't hear any...you can wait hours and nothing will happen. Even so I went through three USB thumb drives all 2GB and the last one ( with light) worked. :)

Just because I'm anal, what you're hearing isn't a relay, it's the SD2 solenoid on the transport/registration unit moving the slide out of the way of the IDC Sensors that sit below the transfer belt and look at density on the belt to make sure you have proper primary transfer.

Protip: If you ever have P-21 codes on these, pull the transfer belt unit out and check to make sure that slide isn't caught or bent and not opening properly, as it can and will cause issues if the IDC sensors can't properly detect and adjust.

habik
03-18-2015, 12:09 AM
Just because I'm anal, what you're hearing isn't a relay, it's the SD2 solenoid on the transport/registration unit moving the slide out of the way of the IDC Sensors that sit below the transfer belt and look at density on the belt to make sure you have proper primary transfer.

Protip: If you ever have P-21 codes on these, pull the transfer belt unit out and check to make sure that slide isn't caught or bent and not opening properly, as it can and will cause issues if the IDC sensors can't properly detect and adjust.

Would it really check ITB during firmware update?
Thanks, I like these little fits machine have during fw updates..

Custom Search