PDA

View Full Version : BHC454e Email scan error - Fax forward error

Custom Search

Nelo
03-04-2015, 11:03 PM
Hi, got this BHC454e, scan setup was made and all relevant info was entered. After doing a test the message pops up saying job deleted due to error. I check the error detail and was "Fax Forward Error"

Any solutions to this please.

wseyller
03-05-2015, 01:22 AM
Are you sure it wasn't "Forward TX Error" instead.

Nelo
03-05-2015, 04:58 PM
Are you sure it wasn't "Forward TX Error" instead.

I just did recheck on the error detail, your corret " forward tx error".

Any assistance here.

Thanks..

Nelo

emujo
03-05-2015, 05:37 PM
Need some more info...what kind of server, are you authenticating, are you using SSL, what port, can you send mail if you change the scan type to something other than PDF? Emujo

wseyller
03-05-2015, 07:56 PM
There is no straight forward answer but it usually indicates an authentication error or maybe bad password. Details of the server used would help.

Nelo
03-06-2015, 11:30 AM
Need some more info...what kind of server, are you authenticating, are you using SSL, what port, can you send mail if you change the scan type to something other than PDF? Emujo

Email is exchange email, port #25. SMTP has authentication switched on and user id, password and domain details entered. Every other setting in the smtp setup is left the same, no changes made.

I can ping smtp address from machine successfully.

wseyller
03-06-2015, 10:57 PM
What email are you using to test with. Is it an email from the same domain as the email server or an outside domain. It is possible you can only email to users on that mail server.

Try with authentication off. I had many IT people tell me the required SMTP settings when they have no clue what they really are.

Nelo
03-07-2015, 12:17 AM
What email are you using to test with. Is it an email from the same domain as the email server or an outside domain. It is possible you can only email to users on that mail server.

Try with authentication off. I had many IT people tell me the required SMTP settings when they have no clue what they really are.

Scanning to user email on the same domain, at first install I had authentication off and when scan was made the error details were "Login error" we then had the authentication switched on and details entered. Microsoft email exchange details for that domain was entered For the set up.

emujo
03-07-2015, 09:18 PM
See if you can get the account's Exchange admin to allow your MPFs IP to relay. If this works then you will a much better leg to stand on when you tell them it's an authentication issue. Is the exchange server on the same domain that the MFP is on, and did you configure the MFP for that domain? Some techs put the domain name in both the TCP/IP settings and the smtp settings, this can cause the MFP to attempt to log in as user@domain/domain.com. Obviously this would cause a login error. Another good test is to put them on a temp Gmail account, this way you can at least verify that the MFP can send mail. Basic steps would be to telnet into the mail server on port 25, and verify the given credentials by trying them out on a workstation. Also have had to turn OFF all the different types of authentication methods and try them one by one. I usually start with plain. Emujo

Nelo
03-07-2015, 11:53 PM
See if you can get the account's Exchange admin to allow your MPFs IP to relay. If this works then you will a much better leg to stand on when you tell them it's an authentication issue. Is the exchange server on the same domain that the MFP is on, and did you configure the MFP for that domain? Some techs put the domain name in both the TCP/IP settings and the smtp settings, this can cause the MFP to attempt to log in as user@domain/domain.com. Obviously this would cause a login error. Another good test is to put them on a temp Gmail account, this way you can at least verify that the MFP can send mail. Basic steps would be to telnet into the mail server on port 25, and verify the given credentials by trying them out on a workstation. Also have had to turn OFF all the different types of authentication methods and try them one by one. I usually start with plain. Emujo

Hi, email exchange is on same domain as the machine, machine also configured on same domain.

wseyller
03-08-2015, 05:36 PM
Like emujo said. If you have the domain entered into the IPV4 settings then also in the email tx it will combine them together. If it is also entered additionally in the SMTP auth setting then it is like typing it in twice like //domain//domain/user.

If on the same domain as email server then just have it entered in IPV4 and leave the domain blank under SMTP auth setting.

Also the relay is a good suggestion. Instead authenticating with credentials it will do it by the copiers IP address.

Custom Search