PDA

View Full Version : ESeries Secure Print- HDD Full Error

Custom Search

splblazer91
03-05-2015, 02:17 AM
I installed a large school system (654e,754e mainly) about a month ago and they decided they wanted to use secure print for everyone. Recently several machines have been displaying HDD full messages until a few of the jobs are released. Tech support stated unfortunately that the partition for Secure Print in the HDD is rather small and this is the reason they are getting the message but they had no fix for it. Other than swapping everyone over to User Box does anyone have a workaround? Looking at about 40 Machines with around 350 users or so. So i will probably just create one box and have them pull from there if I cant make Secure Print work.

(Auto Delete Time is 2 days)

Thanks!

wseyller
03-05-2015, 03:40 AM
With that many machines and users I would suggest getting them to purchase Papercut MF.

Papercut can integrate its software on the device screen. Users can login with various methods including prox card.

Have only one virtual driver that is shared out to use for the Bizhubs. Users print to only one driver.

Document will be held in the print queue. User walks up to any bizhub and login and their jobs shows up to release.

It doesn't keep the job for two days after printing but do they really need that.

allan
03-05-2015, 04:59 AM
I use that "follow me printing" its great. Ysoft and Pcounter works well. Also use the proxy cards its much more convenient to login. It can work with LDAP as well adding "scan to me" without any work.

If one MFP is down the users just go to the next machine.

splblazer91
03-05-2015, 05:55 AM
We have tried numerous times to get them to use a printing solution and they wont go for it. sure would make my life easier if they would.

emujo
03-05-2015, 01:30 PM
Change to print to user box, and assign passwords. HDD space for the user box functions is much larger. Keep the auto delete times the same and enable the delete job after printing function. Should work a lot smoother. Emujo

Custom Search