PDA

View Full Version : Printing and Collating Tabs on a bizhub c754e

Custom Search

eunos
03-06-2015, 08:24 AM
Hi all,

New user here, and this is my first post so please go easy on me.

I work in a law firm where we have three Bizhub c754e machines, which are able to print onto tabs.

As a law firm, we have to produce binders with a large number of tabs (sometimes can be as many as 60 tabs per binder). Manually compiling these binders takes a long, long time.

So I am trying to use the Bizhub to print onto tabs, or, feed in and insert pre-printed tabs into specific points within a PDF when printing it.

However, I am encountering some difficulties in using the interface in the driver where you add in the tabs. I don't think it's the most user friendly or powerful of interfaces, and it has a limit to using only 15 tabs per print.

My question therefore is whether it is possible to use any more sophisticated software applications to set up the print job, and whether this will allow me to use more tabs per print?

Many thanks,

Ben

JasonSBE
03-06-2015, 11:40 PM
Not sure if I can help you but which driver are you using? Version and controller(Pcl ps xps)?

eunos
03-07-2015, 02:21 PM
Hi Jason,

Currently I'm using..

Driver: PS, version 5.1.2.0

Processor: KOAYSA_P - Default data type: RAW

I saw that Fiery Compose allows more sophisticated control over tab printing, but I understand I would need to get a Fiery Server for that to work, is that correct? (As you can tell I'm a bit of a newbie trying to figure this all out - our Print technicians are not much help so better I figure it out myself..)

Many thanks,

Ben

JasonSBE
03-07-2015, 03:25 PM
Yeah don't bother with the fiery driver unless you have a fiery controller. I don't see any special drivers that allow extra per page entries. I tried the newest base pcl and ps and i could only do 20. Looks like you're dealing with a driver limitation.

eunos
03-07-2015, 03:33 PM
Yeah don't bother with the fiery driver unless you have a fiery controller. I don't see any special drivers that allow extra per page entries. I tried the newest base pcl and ps and i could only do 20. Looks like you're dealing with a driver limitation.

Ok, thanks! Another thought I had was, could I get around it using a batch printing programme?

i.e. print queue as follows:

1) Tab 1 (print single sided onto tabbed paper)
2) Document 1 (print double sided, punched)
3) Tab 2 (print single sided onto tabbed paper)
4) Document 2 etc etc etc

If there is a batch printing programme which allows for independent print configurations for each document in the queue, then this could maybe get around the driver limitation?

Any thoughts?

Custom Search