PDA

View Full Version : Error Code P-31 Error Bizhub C451/550/650

Custom Search

leonardob
03-08-2015, 03:34 PM
Hi all ,

We have a handful of these machine on the field , they still under contract for +/-6 to 8 months , several of them are displaying the P-31 error . Machines are working and print quality is correct

I'm not very inclined to change the whole units at the end of the contract , on the other hand I'm afraid that the engine goes down and I have a bigger issue with the customer.

Does anyone knows a work around without replacing the whole Drive Unit ?

Tks,

Leonardo

ivovb
03-08-2015, 05:44 PM
Did You try clean the sensors? It works to me several times. Lazy way - use compressed air. More reliable - disassemble and clean using soft cloth or cotton swabs. You can disassemble just sensors not the whole drive unit but You must extremely careful not brake step wheel. There is only one right position of wheel to remove only sensors...

BR

allan
03-08-2015, 05:48 PM
The K PC works with an encoder if its very dust the sensors and the encoder would become dirty and give that error. Cleaning that sensors and encoder disc would probably fix the problem. The sensors is used to match the surface speed of the bigger K PC with the smaller CMY PC's. Your color registration could be out as well.

Switch the machine off and open the front door.
goto sensor check and close the door to let the machine stabilize, check the sensor values for PC45 and PC46 while the machine is stabilizing. The values must change if it does not change the sensor is shot.

Allan

Custom Search