PDA

View Full Version : time udate not successful 454e

Custom Search

oldtech
03-10-2015, 12:23 PM
Customer changed time and now there is a persistent error, time update not successful. The time settings are correct and display correct as well. I reset time in CE mode with no luck. Tried error reset with power and reset button with no luck. The machine runs fine other than the blinking error. The last code is CE301, and that looks ominous in the service manual. I'm thinking about going back and running mem tests, anybody have any advice?

wseyller
03-10-2015, 12:34 PM
Sounds like it is configured to get its time from a NTP server but fails to connect.

oldtech
03-10-2015, 12:56 PM
I turned ntp off. No luck...

emujo
03-10-2015, 01:32 PM
That message ONLY comes from a failed NTP connect. Double check to be sure it's off, or set it up on a public domain NTP and run the sync again. Of course for an external NTP connection you will need proper DNS configuration and internet access. Why are you using NTP? AD/LDAP authentication? Emujo

oldtech
03-10-2015, 02:31 PM
This box was in our show room for a bit. I assumed it was turned on in that environment. I've never checked to see if it's on by default.
It's good to know that's why the message is displayed, I'll check it again when I return. I think this customer is using file server not domain. Small accounting firm.
Thanks for your help!

oldtech
03-17-2015, 03:59 PM
Update, I finally got time to go back to this account. I did not turn NTP off and I think a firewall was blocking the pubic server that was listed. I had only toggled the IPV6 settings instead of turning it off. Hey I'm old.....

Custom Search