PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Bizhub C550 Code C-F023 & Locks Up

Custom Search

MFPs R Now PCs
03-11-2015, 07:05 PM
We have a Konica Minolta bizhub C550 that will code out with CF023 (F023). The customer will reboot the machine and everything will run fine for a while until it errors with the same code OR it will completely lockup where one cannot even make a copy. Again the customer reboots the machine and it's OK for a while.

The machine codes out approximately every 2-3 weeks and has the lockups 3-4 times per week.

Current MFP Controller Firmware: A00J0Y0-0100-G00-R5

Service Performed so far: Multiple Trouble Resets. Cleaned and Re-Seated RAM and HDD Connections

Thoughts of Prioritization of what to tackle 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc for RAM (replacement) vs HDD (format/replacement) vs Firmware (flashing)? Thanks in advance!

JasonSBE
03-12-2015, 01:22 AM
According to solutions, the first step is to do a full data clear. If this does not resolve the issue after reconfiguration the next step is to replace the MFP board. I would check the ram and the hard drive before I replace the MFP because if I didn't my boss would be mad at me :-)

MFPs R Now PCs
04-02-2015, 09:11 PM
UPDATE:

Trip #1) I tried replacing the RAM & flashed the Firmware, however there was no change. So I swapped out the Hard Drive and it took off running like a champ! Ran for several days with no problems. After several days, the customer calls back saying it's doing the same thing again.

Trip #2) I replaced the MFP Board and RAM at the same time (kept original NV-RAM though) flashed the Firmware and it was still doing the same thing! So I pulled the Hard Drive cable from the MFP Board and it coded out so went into Tech Mode and "UNSET" the Hard Drive. It takes off running like a champ (no scanning though). I performed a Data Reset, set the machine back up and ran Gradations. Everything is running fine, no scanning.

Any thoughts as to what the heck is going on AND if I put ANOTHER Hard Drive in, will it stay working this time? In other words could the MFP Board been ruining the Hard Dives and now with a different MFP Board, we will be OK with installing yet another Hard Drive this time?

Thanks in advance!

wseyller
04-03-2015, 01:24 AM
Or you could try formatting the drive if you believe the MFP board cause corruption. At this point maybe even replace the HDD cable since its cheap to do.

MFPs R Now PCs
06-01-2015, 03:34 AM
OK,
So we replaced the MFP Board, Hard Drive (HDD) with cable, RAM, Flashed the Firmware to current and performed the "Data Clear". After that we also performed the HDD "Firmware Upgrade" and then Fully Formatted the HDD. The customer also ran an isolated, dedicated line from the Circuit Breaker Box to the machine where it plugs in.

After all of this it ran for 4 weeks (1 month) with NO ISSUES and then BOOM exact same problem comes back!

What the Heck? Please, at this point we are going to replace the machine, IS THERE ANYTHING LEFT???

Thanks in advance!

allan
06-01-2015, 06:24 AM
Is the machine networked?

MFPs R Now PCs
06-01-2015, 04:36 PM
Is the machine networked?

Yes, and we have performed multiple tests with the network cable unplugged and it will do the same thing. It's can be so bad that you cannot even make a copy, will just sit there, on, doing nothing. You can press buttons and it responds to you however you cannot initiate a copy/print/scan. They have to unplug it for 5 minutes and then they are good for approx. 24 hours.

Custom Search